Thread: Flashget and Rapidshare problem

Hello everyone; I need your help please.

I just signed up for rapidshare and am using flashget to download some things.
    But I am having a big problem.

If I cue up 10 different files to download in flashget; some of the files transfer fine and it moves to the next one (default is 3 at a time which I have not changed) but for sometime for some reason when it downloading a 4th or 10th file (occurs randomly) when the download gets to about 95% the download speed would drop from like 500kb/sec to 1kb/sec! Sometimes even .5kb/sec!!! At this point even if I wait the whole time to dl it the file is usually corrupt and I have to re-download at which point the speed goes back to 500kb/sec and all is well. When this happens the "retries" in flashget usually increase pretty quickly.

This is very annoying since it does not allow me to cue files and just leave the computer. I have to always be watching to make sure the speed doesnt drop so that I can cancel and re-download every time. Can someone help me out with this please? Am I missing an option or something? This is really annoying. Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Ivanov's Avatar BitTorrent Addict BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I never like flashget (ugly interface, slow downloads, bad integration into the browser).
    I suggest you to try IDM (Internet Download Manager). I am using it from 3 years without any problem. I like it because really optimize my connection and gets maximum from its. I always download with maximum speed from rapidshare - 195-200KB/s (I have 1.5mbps connection). Another reason to use IDM is that it can download from any filesharing site even if there is ban for using download accelerators. I know that changing of your download manager is not solution, but you don't lose nothing if you try IDM...
    “For her, yeah. At the end of the day, it's all about her. It's always been about her."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    chaged manger to orbit everything works now. Thanks guys.