Thread: No CLue. Plain Lost. HeLp

MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Just got a sdbx from softlayer, win 2003. wats next? any tutorials out there on how to get it setup?

Specifically, how do I ftp into the server to download files on the server on to my local hard drive.

thanx mates.... i need the help

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    i use windows 2003 server

to connect to it, i use the remote desktop connection feature that should be in your windows (home desktop)

it'll tell you there if you want to map the hard drive on ur server, this is how i transfer files to and fro
    Alright.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Remote Desktop Client

How much did the box cost you? I think you should be satisfied as SL isn't a budget provider, they probably don't oversell their network.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    You would install everything just like you would for your own computer. Security, Torrent client and a ftpd so you can ftp/fxp to it (RaidenFTPD is highly recommended)
    Proud Member of:

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Don't forget, if you install a firewall do not block all traffic or you won't be able to get back into the machine!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yup. Install utorrent, virus scan, firewall, PG2, FTPD and Firefox

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    thanx alot. i appreciate the help....

Quote Originally Posted by DVito View Post
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Remote Desktop Client

How much did the box cost you? I think you should be satisfied as SL isn't a budget provider, they probably don't oversell their network.

about $150 .00
    Last edited by MrVictorRivers; 06-12-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost