Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Planet PC

can I curse? FUCK!
    Well I'm sure your PC monitor can display a much higher resolution than your HD TV right..?

2. Games   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Well I'm sure your PC monitor can display a much higher resolution than your HD TV right..?
    Sure but I don't care.

My HDTV is twice the size and even in the screenshots the bump in graphics is better but negligible.

It is akin to having a 14" super sharp monitor or a 32" decent one.

I'd go for the 32" decent one.

Now if I had a 65" monitor............

3. Games   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'm not sure if a higher resolution or the PC's massively superior graphics capabilities are going to save a game like this. It's a bad console port in my opinion. Which is stupid really, if they made good ports with a few bonus extras they could effectively sell the game twice to 360 owners who also game on their PCs (or, indeed, PC owners who also game on their 360s).

4. Games   -   #14
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    I'm not sure if a higher resolution or the PC's massively superior graphics capabilities are going to save a game like this. It's a bad console port in my opinion. Which is stupid really, if they made good ports with a few bonus extras they could effectively sell the game twice to 360 owners who also game on their PCs (or, indeed, PC owners who also game on their 360s).
    I totally agree.

It seems that Capcom basically is passing off the game on PC. They could've done much better with the graphics and/or made it a special edition like other game makers have done.

They didn't even bother with Windows Live.

Now I'll bite my tongue if the final has the extras and the bugs fuck off.

edit: I'm going to try the Vista (DX10) version and see if that's better. If it is then it's just a case of pushing DX10 and Vista and leaving DX9 in the wind.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-14-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12