Thread: Pal to Ntsc software

i've read a few guides and all(that invlolved multi proggys) but is there 1 prog out there thats will do it? thzx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Mate... Just buy a new DVD player that plays both NTSC and PAL... The best one is Philips DivX DVD Player for only $35.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    i've read a few guides and all(that invlolved multi proggys) but is there 1 prog out there thats will do it? thzx
    Hi ram82082

Avi2Dvd maybe what you are looking for.....it is freeware
    here is a link
    All In One DVD Converters

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thx fellas i had avi2dvd a few days ago 4 something else, but i wasnt impressed.... i memmer now, i had got it for some MKV's but convertx did it better.

@Kazaa it will convert VOB/ISO files to NTSC?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    you can also try to edit the IFO to trick your player. Look at the following guide...
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archi...d-t221928.html

Or, you can try ConvertXtoDVD. It will do it, but it screws up your menu structure. I have done a lot of research on the subject, and the consensus seems to be that it can not be converted and still retain the menu structure. However, once you convert it you can make your own menus.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Thanks for that converter, I was also looking for something similar. But basically aside from regional differences, what's the main difference between PAL and NTSC DVDs?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by SKGunners View Post
    Thanks for that converter, I was also looking for something similar. But basically aside from regional differences, what's the main difference between PAL and NTSC DVDs?
    Hi SKGunners, rather than go into a long discussion here is a link that has your answer http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...sc-and-pal.htm What is the Difference Between NTSC and PAL?

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    If your talking about Pal dvd files to Ntsc dvd file (not pal avi to ntsc dvd) then Nero 7 will do it. Go to your start menu and Nero 7 then look for "Photo and Video" and then "Nero Vision". Once Nero Vision is open click more and open the default Video Options and make sure NTSC is selected (while here you can select 2 pass under DVD-Video if you want).

Back to the main window, select "Make DVD" and then "DVD-Video" and at the next window that opens "Add Video Files". At this point you need to select the correct vobs for your movie (don't select the shorter menu vob at the begining just ahead of the first 1gig vob because you can't use menus in this type of conversion and it will play like a scene and not allow you to select anything anyway), hightlight the main movie vob's and add them from an iso or from files on the hard drive in a VIDEO_TS folder. You can add extras and things (anything you can watch) if you want them, but they will take away from the bitrate of the movie.

From this point is mainly the same as any Nero video burn with menus to create (or not) and at the end it will tell you there is more PAL than NTSC and do you want to make it a PAL movie and you say...... NO! You'll end up with an excellent quality full sized video of the movie and even better if you chose two pass and waited patiently the extra time.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 06-17-2007 at 03:06 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by kazaa2002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SKGunners View Post
    Hi SKGunners, rather than go into a long discussion here is a link that has your answer http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...sc-and-pal.htm What is the Difference Between NTSC and PAL?
    Thanks a lot for the link. Really comprehensive info there.