Thread: any body use linux here?

4fun's Avatar NOOB FOR EVER BT Rep: +4
    hi guys iam trying to install linux right now but isaw many kinds of linux like suse and Ubuntu and so many icant remember the names any way can any one advice me to good kind and easy to use as possable

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I just installed Opensuse 10.2 and it was very easy to install, and works great. All my hardware was detected and installed with no problems. Highly recommended.

PS stay away from slackware, definatly an intermediate/expert flavor.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    I just installed Opensuse 10.2 and it was very easy to install, and works great. All my hardware was detected and installed with no problems. Highly recommended.

PS stay away from slackware, definatly an intermediate/expert flavor.
    is it more safe then Ubuntu?and one more qoustion plz what order ihave to enter to setup program or something coz ihad this problem before icouldnt setup any program on it so idelet it sorry guys for bothring but help the noobs

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    do not know, I choose between Ubuntu and opensuse, and I went with opensuse.
    They are definatly comparable, so feel free to go either way with that choice.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    do not know, I choose between Ubuntu and opensuse, and I went with opensuse.
    They are definatly comparable, so feel free to go either way with that choice.
    thanx m8 iwill chosse sue then ihope iwill not format all the hard drive now

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    it will resize a windows partition by default, that is the install method it gave to me. I changed it to format my drive, but it was ready to go dual boot without me configuring it to.