Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Thread: Video card not working with monitor...

Video Card: MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-OC GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Over Clock Edition HDCP Video Card

Monitor: Sony Grand WEGA KDF-E42A10 720p

Connection: AMC 25 ft. 24awg Premium Gold Series 1080p rated HDMI/DVI Cable Model HDMI-DVI25

My resolution is 1280x720. There are a couple of problems I'm having...

1. The desktop doesn't fit inside of my TV. It goes off the edges where I cannot see it. I've tried resizing the TV picture with the wide screen, or full view and whatnot, but those just make it even larger; thus, they go off even more.

2. Everything (desktop backgrounds and screen savers... I haven't gotten very far yet because the font gives me a headache to read) looks clear except the default font in Windows XP isn't clear and I'm guessing the other fonts aren't clear either. Also, I've tried moving up to 120dpi so I could read it a little bit better and it just blows up the foggy font, so it's still extremely distorted. If anybody knows how to get the font clear so I can read it without going crazy, that'd be wonderful

2. ** REGISTER to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    That's not a monitor, it's a TV.

Set your resolution to 720x480.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    roger that, thank you

720x480 just gave me a square screen which didn't fix the problem I'm having with the font being blurry, nor did it fix the problem with it going off the screen. Also, I found an option inside of my graphics card that allowed me to setup the screen to fit inside of my HDTV, so that issued has been solved. However, my font is still blurry and I can't figure out why. I'll probably call up MSI tomorrow and see if they can tell me why. Thanks for the help though.
    Last edited by y7deluxe; 06-14-2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Yorkshire, England
    The font is blurry largely because it is a TV. If you want sharp fonts you need a monitor - they have far greater resolution even at much smaller sizes. That's why the Samsung 305T has resolution of 2560x1600 and is so much more expensive.

However, now you've found the bit that forces the image into the screen area try increasing the resolution.

Since 720p is the vertical resolution, 1280x720 is what you should use IMO.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ya, for whatever reason when it's set in 1280x720 it won't fit inside of the tv screen. The custom screen fitter allowed it to fit inside of the screen, but it won't tell me what resolution it set it at in order to fit. Also, I didn't think I was able to change my DPI because when I tried, I had my nvidia setup open and it wouldn't allow me. But I figured out that I could change the DPI when that setup wasn't open. So now I'm at 150% larger DPI than I was before and the font is really blown up to where I can actually read it and it isn't blurry anymore. Sorry about bothering you guys over this, I'd have figured it all out a lot easier if I was able to read what was going on :\