View Poll Results: Do you think President Bush should be impeached?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

90 61.64%
  • No

56 38.36%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeach Bush

I voted no. Didn't totally agree with the war and am still a bit confused about what the main reason for going in was, but haven't seen anything that comes even close to being a reason for indictment.

an international forum where everyone hates us.
    feeling unappreciated j2k4? I don't dislike americans, but this is pretty much the only place i get to talk to any of them. I'm british living in Switzerland so I get lots of oppurtunity to talk to swiss, german, british, irish, polish, hungarian, greek etc people, but I don't really know any americans and i like to hear their views as well.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@9 July 2003 - 16:02
    It seems the vote (remember the vote?) is swinging, albeit veeery slowly, in a new direction; Dubya has broken the 60% barrier going the other way-this is a major development in an international forum where everyone hates us.
    Good News.
    but I think you miss the point.
    if people do hate you Americans
    It isn't personal it just by association.

If that is the case then the "hate" will deminish with bush's popularity
    I look at it like this.
    The more you see Bush for what he is the better we get on.
    we've already seen through blair

Other countries may need an appology for the Bushisms
    but that's for him to take the responsibility.

so why does the "average joe" take the shit

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Originally posted by clintonesque@9 July 2003 - 15:37
    I hope they get him soon.
    I think they will.
    as for Bush, impeachment isn't even an issue whorthy of discussion.
    What misconduct?
    Hmm... stupidity in itself is not a crime ,however the following issues are:
    misrepresentation of facts;stating that 'those who are not working with us are against us';nepotism (oil-industrybuddies) ,financial misconduct (insurance companies although it must be said that he smelled a rat in the early stages and got out) and last but not least electionfraude (by proxy of his brother and cronies).

(Is there a politician with clean hands ?...maybe a contradiction in terms.)

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller+14 July 2003 - 14:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ToraBoraDweller @ 14 July 2003 - 14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clintonesque@9 July 2003 - 15:37
    I think they will.
    as for Bush, impeachment isn&#39;t even an issue whorthy of discussion.
    What&nbsp; misconduct?
    misrepresentation of facts;stating that &#39;those who are not working with us are against us&#39;;nepotism (oil-industrybuddies) ,financial misconduct (insurance companies although it must be said that he smelled a rat in the early stages and got out) and last but not least electionfraude (by proxy of his brother and cronies).

(Is there a politician with clean hands ?...maybe a contradiction in terms.) [/b][/quote]
    ToraBoraDweller-

You don&#39;t know what you&#39;re talking about, so you choose to parrot the Democratic party line, even though you&#39;re not a U.S. citizen.

How nice it must be to select an opinion from the "opinion tree" and throw it in any direction so haphazardly.

Since I have naught but to conclude you are mis/mal-informed, instead of putting myself out in order to relieve you of your ignorance, why don&#39;t you just tot up a point-by-point evidentiary piece to back up your claims?

Please, I can&#39;t wait to shoot it to pieces.

Unless you&#39;d rather just sound a retreat and couch your post as an "opinion only" piece?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by j2k4@15 July 2003 - 04:19
    ...How nice it must be to select an opinion from the "opinion tree" and throw it in any direction so haphazardly...
    There&#39;s an opinion tree now? Excellent.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+15 July 2003 - 04:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 15 July 2003 - 04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@15 July 2003 - 04:19
    ...How nice it must be to select an opinion from the "opinion tree" and throw it in any direction so haphazardly...

[/b][/quote]
    Yes, MN.

The trees are grown by American liberals and fertilized with their rhetorical bullshit.

New opinions gestate at the rate of approximately 5 every 1.476 nanoseconds, so there&#39;re many to choose from.

Ingestion of the tree&#39;s fruit causes intellectual indigestion, but the fruit also contains trace amounts of an unknown substance with antacid qualities to counteract this.

This "unknown substance" does nothing, however, to stem the accompanying, and peculiarly liberal affliction of verbal flatulence.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Originally posted by j2k4+15 July 2003 - 04:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 15 July 2003 - 04:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller@14 July 2003 - 14:35
    <!--QuoteBegin-clintonesque
    @9 July 2003 - 15:37
    I think they will.
    as for Bush, impeachment isn&#39;t even an issue whorthy of discussion.
    What misconduct?

misrepresentation of facts;stating that &#39;those who are not working with us are against us&#39;;nepotism (oil-industrybuddies) ,financial misconduct (insurance companies although it must be said that he smelled a rat in the early stages and got out) and last but not least electionfraude (by proxy of his brother and cronies).

(Is there a politician with clean hands ?...maybe a contradiction in terms.)
    ToraBoraDweller-

You don&#39;t know what you&#39;re talking about, so you choose to parrot the Democratic party line, even though you&#39;re not a U.S. citizen.

How nice it must be to select an opinion from the "opinion tree" and throw it in any direction so haphazardly.

Since I have naught but to conclude you are mis/mal-informed, instead of putting myself out in order to relieve you of your ignorance, why don&#39;t you just tot up a point-by-point evidentiary piece to back up your claims?

Please, I can&#39;t wait to shoot it to pieces.

Unless you&#39;d rather just sound a retreat and couch your post as an "opinion only" piece? [/b][/quote]
    I do not endorse the democratic party or whatever party.
    It&#39;s a fact that Bush has major interests in the oil-industry and is involved
    through lobbyists in the weaponindustry (I think the name was :the Carlyle group)
    as was and still is his father.
    The mere fact that a president with such powers of office makes his way to that office by very considerable support of lobbying-groups (campaignfunds) is very
    worrying (that&#39;s why I used the term nepotism for 1 reason).

As to my claim of electionfraude I think I can go a lot further than the &#39;Democratic party line&#39; :Bush (and the democratic party) unwillingly exposed the whole electionprocess as a farce ;the whole world had a big laugh.
    The hangingpoint was the irregularities in the state of Florida ,governed by his brother (are they still searching for missing ballots and votingboxes ?)

Considering what I said about the insurance-companies :I must correct myself : it was a Savings&Loan-bank ,exact name escapes me now but it was even called a ....something-gate.

Have to stress again that I&#39;m not for any party : both disqualify and the system is to blame :financial interests on all levels plays too big a part (further limitation of campaignfunding would be a small start).
    It&#39;s also worrying that the world is run by economists who probably all hold the same view (and had the same schooling) on &#39;free enterprise&#39; and a &#39;global market&#39;.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by j2k4+15 July 2003 - 13:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 15 July 2003 - 13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@15 July 2003 - 04:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    @15 July 2003 - 04:19

Yes, MN.

The trees are grown by American liberals and fertilized with their rhetorical bullshit.

New opinions gestate at the rate of approximately 5 every 1.476 nanoseconds, so there&#39;re many to choose from.

Ingestion of the tree&#39;s fruit causes intellectual indigestion, but the fruit also contains trace amounts of an unknown substance with antacid qualities to counteract this.

This "unknown substance" does nothing, however, to stem the accompanying, and peculiarly liberal affliction of verbal flatulence. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;d imagine that there are conservative versions of this tree too; I&#39;ve certainly seen those "symptoms" on the other side of the scale around here.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@15 July 2003 - 06:16

This is so true.

Democrats are fond of rhetorical bushwa.

Republicans prefer to simply lie.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller@15 July 2003 - 14:50
    It&#39;s a fact that Bush has major interests in the oil-industry and is involved
    through lobbyists in the weaponindustry (I think the name was :the Carlyle group)
    The mere fact that a president with such powers of office makes his way to that office by very considerable support of lobbying-groups (campaignfunds) is very

As to my claim of electionfraude I think I can go a lot further than the &#39;Democratic party line&#39; :Bush (and the democratic party) unwillingly exposed the whole electionprocess as a farce ;the whole world had a big laugh.
    The hangingpoint was the irregularities in the state of Florida ,governed by his brother (are they still searching for missing ballots and votingboxes ?)

Considering what I said about the insurance-companies :I must correct myself : it was a Savings&Loan-bank ,exact name escapes me now but it was even called a ....something-gate.

Have to stress again that I&#39;m not for any party : both disqualify and the system is to blame :financial interests on all levels plays too big a part (further limitation of campaignfunding would be a small start).
    It&#39;s also worrying that the world is run by economists who probably all hold the same view (and had the same schooling) on &#39;free enterprise&#39; and a &#39;global market&#39;.

Maybe not, but your views, and theirs, are perfectly aligned.

Try to find a politician without connections to big business; lobbyists likewise-there is no such thing as an "unlobbied" politician. Bush is unexceptional in this regard.

See above. I guess the charge of nepotism is to be expected, but I think for it to stick, you would have to somehow prove G.H.W. Bush wrangled the office of President for Dubya-if this were so, I think our liberal press would have sniffed it out.

Here I will quote my own post from a while back, as I don&#39;t want to go through this again Dubya WON the election on the pure vote count-perhaps you, like many others who are genetically anti-Bush, aren&#39;t aware that the &#39;count&#39; DID go on, but with no legal bearing. It was completed (and informally "certified") by a team of Liberal/ Democrat operatives about 8 months after the fact; they concluded (albeit on page "20" in most newspapers; I read it in probably 5 big-city papers, also in USA Today), that Bush even extended his lead, and after counting the absentee/military vote, extended his lead even further. This is FACT. As far as having a laugh, feel free-the joke is on you.

You are mis-informed; there are no missing ballots or "voting boxes".

This I will ignore on account of vagueness, it probably escapes you for good reason.

I agree, but these are generic problems inherent in the American election/campaign process, and are certainly not exclusive to Bush.

As they say, &#39;That&#39;s the way of the world&#39;; neither is this problem attributable to Bush.

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast