Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hit N Run

BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I think some sites/people are unrealistically crazy with being anti hit n run.

I was on a site, getting a torrent, slow as heck (the torrent was many months old), and decided screw it, I didn't want it. There were no leechers, I bet there weren't leechers on it for awhile. I got like 10Mbit, and stopped and this is hit n run. Damn, I should have seeded that 10mbit, it would have made a huge difference.

People=crazy.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Yeah I know what you mean ... but I also have to say that most trackers don't care for singular cases. Or if they do, it's commonly in form of an automatic warning system where you are sometimes able to rescind this if you start seeding again.

But with some isp problems every now and then I haven't had a tracker with annoyingly strict rules in months - so I'm wondering which site you're talking about

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    i thot hit n run only counted on a completed torrent... meh... ive done it many times due to isp/computer problems or there just werent any leecher and i din care... i've never gotten a warning

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I have hit and run a few many times (especially now that I have my ScT buffer ), and I have never gotten a warning. EVER! Am I the only one?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    HnR is one of my favorite hobbies. I feel unexplicable thrill when hit and running. lol
    Personally I've never been warned for hnr. Who the fuck would follow the crazy rule like "at least seed 48 hours"? That's crazy and absurd.
    Almost all trackers definitely don't care about hnr, except a few.
    So, I can safely say "feel free to enjoy it".
    Last edited by leeter; 06-16-2007 at 05:13 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Strange...I didn't get a warning yet, but I went to their IRC to ask about this and one of the "helpers" told me that "it's all about sharing" and I should seed back the 10Mbit. Most of the torrent sites I'm on don't have hit n run warnings so I don't have to worry about this stupid policy. Sadly, more torrent sites are adopting this policy... Actually, it isn't the policy, it is the fact that these sites use a general to apply to all torrents :/

heh leeter, I'm with you. I'm not seeding 48 hours... it is absurd. I mean, if I have a huge buffer, I shouldn't be forced to seed.
    Last edited by mforcex; 06-16-2007 at 05:13 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by leeter View Post
    HnR is one of my favorite hobbies. I feel unexplicalbe thrill when hit and running. lol
    Personally I've never been warned for hnr. Who the fuck would follow the crazy rule like "at least seed 48 hours"? That's crazy and absurd.
    It's not that hard leave things seeding for several days for sites that have that those rules about seeding.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by WHRST View Post
    HnR is one of my favorite hobbies. I feel unexplicalbe thrill when hit and running. lol
    It's not that hard leave things seeding for several days for sites that have that those rules about seeding.
    I enjoy organizing my stuff, or extracting it, or watching it, or something. Sure I could make a duplicate copy, but I really don't want to buy more hard drives just to please a few torrent sites.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    HnR is one of my favorite hobbies. I feel unexplicable thrill when hit and running. lol
    Bragging about being a bottom feeder that's just great i hope most people read this remember your name and never give you anything.I have seeded torrents for months at a time and you can't even be bothered by following rules just sick.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Why do u think Trackers have hit&run policy?

because without that policy it's gonna be like the public trackers where u grab what u want and then stop the torrent ,Trackers use that policy to ensure the torrents well seeded for as long as they can sothat when amem,ber like you ,me or others want get an old torrent for example they can get it and the torrent will still have seeders but when the tracker just don't have this policy all members are gonna grab the torrent and then leave it causing the torrenbts to die quickly and eventually no of torrents of the tracker is reduced and next thing the tracker is closed

Most of the trackers don't demand seeding for acertain time except if u haven't reached 1:1 ratio

U probably can't see HNR warnings in big trackers like TL,TD,FL or others because they have huge database and the torrents have hundreds of seeders so when some of them HNR it won't affect much but in smaller trackers HNR affects things much

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast