View Poll Results: In after thought

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • G.W.Bush

8 27.59%
  • Kerry

21 72.41%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you could Vote again - Bush or Kerry?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibo View Post
    Sorry guys gotta go with Bush.

To tell you the truth dont know to much about Kerry, but Im happy with Bush.

I was for Gore, but let me tell you somthin, after 9/11 I said thank god Bush won, because I dont think Gore has any power/balls to do anything about it. People just liked him because of Bill(Who if ran today would vote again for). I dont think he would have done $hit after the towers went down.

And Bush, well hes just finishing what he started,
    plus I hate to say it but I really dont think Bush thought that they had WMD, he just couldnt let places like those get to much power. Here in Israel you really understand that point.

Now we(as an American) have them on check, and let me tell you, trust you wouldn't want it the other way.
    I gotcha. You like Bush cuz he did something. Unfortunately, if you do something and do the wrong thing, it is worse than nothing.

I mean you are basically saying that Bush had the balls to attack........IRAQ.

wtf!?

Also Al Gore wouldn't have been able to do nothing. The public outcry would have been too overwelming for him to go into Afghanistan and beef up intelligence on terror suspects.

Plus are you an American citizen? Bush has done nary anything good in office. It's like an 8-year waste.

Oh man, my bad. He must doing a great job since there no more colored alerts.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Also Al Gore wouldn't have been able to do nothing. The public outcry would have been too overwelming for him to go into Afghanistan and beef up intelligence on terror suspects.
    Outcry, C'mon is that really what you want your Pres. to do? Wait till the people beg him to go retaliate. I don't think so.
    You want someone to step up and say, "You know what I got this".

And then after Afghanistan to say, well while were here might as well go pay a visit to Saddam, who by the way wasn't a Democrat or a Republican, he was a full on Tyrant. Maybe he wasn't that much of the threat, but people that are real close to him are.

IRAN - I think it was publicly said "Im gonna wipe Israel off the map" by Achmedinijad. Now thats a threat.
    YOU DO NOT WANT THAT KIND OF PERSON IN POWER.
    Some people can see this now so there taking action, others wouldn't see it unless it was too late(Ex. WW-II). But lets see him try and get out of hand now. We had to build our selfs a strategy, and the people standing in the way were a part of the problem.

I think Im starting to float off topic so Ill just say this:

Im not saying that what he did was right. What Im saying is that it was the lesser of two evils. No matter which choice he would have chosen people would been upset.

What would you have done???

This is Chess, Its not Checkers.
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The notion that Gore (or any president) would have done nothing after an attack like 9/11 is probably the most ridiculous thing I have read in a while.
    Gore would have done things differently, but he wouldn't have done nothing.
    No doubt some would think what he did was the wrong thing just as (what appears to be most people) think Bush has done the wrong things.

Gore would have gone after (or at least sent the troops after) those that attacked us. I doubt Gore would have invaded Iraq (the wrong country). This alone IMO would have made us more able to win the real "war on terror"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    OMG why did Bush get re-elected what are the U.S seeing?..either that or it's rigged
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibo View Post
    Outcry, C'mon is that really what you want your Pres. to do? Wait till the people beg him to go retaliate. I don't think so.
    You want someone to step up and say, "You know what I got this".

And then after Afghanistan to say, well while were here might as well go pay a visit to Saddam, who by the way wasn't a Democrat or a Republican, he was a full on Tyrant. Maybe he wasn't that much of the threat, but people that are real close to him are.

IRAN - I think it was publicly said "Im gonna wipe Israel off the map" by Achmedinijad. Now thats a threat.
    YOU DO NOT WANT THAT KIND OF PERSON IN POWER.
    Some people can see this now so there taking action, others wouldn't see it unless it was too late(Ex. WW-II). But lets see him try and get out of hand now. We had to build our selfs a strategy, and the people standing in the way were a part of the problem.

I think Im starting to float off topic so Ill just say this:

Im not saying that what he did was right. What Im saying is that it was the lesser of two evils. No matter which choice he would have chosen people would been upset.

What would you have done???

This is Chess, Its not Checkers.
    I know a lot of people like yourself. They have this notion that Bush is a kick ass take names guy. They think "cuz he jumped and did something" that it was soooo tough. Those people are clueless.

As many have said before, Bush had the entire world on his (besides terrorists and sympathizers) after 9/11. We went into Afghanistan. Still the world on his side.

Then....fucking Iraq....then goes WTF!?

Ohhhh...Saddam's a tyrant. So the fuck what? He wasn't the first.

And what do you mean "Maybe he wasn't that much of the threat, but people that are real close to him are."?

What people? You mean the Al Qaeda? The common ground was that they were both Sunni.

How is it also you can say it was the lesser of two evils? Wtf are you talking about? Do you mean in hindsight you still would have invaded Iraq?

Again I ask, are you an American citizen?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky View Post
    OMG why did Bush get re-elected what are the U.S seeing?..either that or it's rigged
    I thought the election was rigged.

I couldn't believe that sane logical thinking people would vote him in again. I believe that computer voting turned the tide. When I hear folks like Fibo talk though, it makes me wonder.

There was too much controversy surrounding Diebold Election Systems.

1) Security vulnerabilities were easily exploited in tests. In some instances thousands votes were made to disappear with no record.

2) The CEO are was an ardent supporter of Bush "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year." He also faced another problem with insider trading or something.

3) On a lesser but interesting note, I remember a former exec being convicted of putting back doors in software to steal or hide money.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    I believe Fibo is from Israel.
    Fibo, thanks for the laughs.

People who support war are so unenlightened it is hardly funny.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for defending yourself, but in Iraq America is waging an offensive war.

The Americans are fighting against cultural nationalism that cannot be defeated until the Islam culture dies, along with the Muslims.
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-26-2007 at 06:46 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    I believe Fibo is from Israel.
    Fibo, thanks for the laughs.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for defending yourself, but in Iraq America is waging an offensive war.

The Americans are fighting against cultural nationalism that cannot be defeated until the Islam culture dies, along with the Muslims.
    Yeah I thought he was in Israel but he could have still been a US citizen.

I've interviews with common Israelis. They like anyone that is all about supporting Israel and against Muslims.

In the last election, I saw street interviews of American Jews and they all supported Bush cuz he seemed to support the most.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I thought the election was rigged.
    1) Security vulnerabilities were easily exploited in tests. In some instances thousands votes were made to disappear with no record.
    Really.

I'd heard it was billions.

For whom were these votes cast?

Question:

If a vote disappears "with no record", how would you know?

2) The CEO are was an ardent supporter of Bush "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."
    Do you recall who won in Ohio at all (at all).

Here's a hint:

Not Bush.

3) On a lesser but interesting note, I remember a former exec being convicted of putting back doors in software to steal or hide money.
    You're right - that's terribly interesting, and much, much lesser, into the bargain.

How, precisely, does/did it bear on the election?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Most people who use any form of the word enlightened (un- or otherwise) in reference to others have never suffered a significant thought in their lives.

Truth.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Really.

I'd heard it was billions.

For whom were these votes cast?

Question:

If a vote disappears "with no record", how would you know?
    As it was in tests what would it matter which "test candidate" they were for?-----it was a test.

The point was they were able to make large numbers of votes disappear in tests. They would know this because they would know how many votes they entered and compared this to the number of votes counted.

Now if these vulnerabilities were exploited in the actual election is a completely different question. However IMO no voting machine should be used that doesn't keep a copy for records and give the voter a receipt in the same way walmarts give you an itemized receipt for your shopping and keep one for the store records.
    Last edited by vidcc; 06-26-2007 at 09:12 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast