Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets say sum Balla got bannd from private torrent tracka and wants to finish he dls..

WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAlba View Post
    If i understand your question correctly, you got banned from a tracker for lets say calling the admin idiots. If thats the case, and you have a 10 gig file at 50% so youve only downloaded 5 gigs, and you want to continue downloading...then yes its possible...very possible.
    You sure? If the passkey's disabled how can the user continue to download via it?

Music lover, baby.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoopDeDoo View Post
    If i understand your question correctly, you got banned from a tracker for lets say calling the admin idiots. If thats the case, and you have a 10 gig file at 50% so youve only downloaded 5 gigs, and you want to continue downloading...then yes its possible...very possible.
    You sure? If the passkey's disabled how can the user continue to download via it?
    Mmhm. Ill get in trouble if i tell you . Lets leave it at that.
    eee

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    This isn't rocket science: once you have the peerlist you have no need for the tracker except for updating stats (which obviously you don't care about since you've been banned). Just make sure you don't stop the torrent and you'll dl the rest of it fine. I'm assuming, by the fact that you're asking this question, that it's too late for you anyway.

z;ldkfjg;g post disappeared ...

This isn't rocket science: once you have the peerlist from the tracker, you can obviously continue to dl even if you can't access the tracker with your passkey. Of course if you stop the torrent you'll lose all the peers, and I'm assuming by virtue of asking this question that you did stop the torrent, so you're probably screwed. Maybe you'll get really lucky and the private flag wasn't enabled, and someone left dht on.
    Last edited by Roark; 06-17-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Most trackers block DHT from the server side now anyways.
    However im sure there are still users who havent.

Anyways... as was already mentioned. Once your connected to the torrents peers you should be fine.
    As long as you dont reboot or stop the torrents you should be able to finish your downloads. The only exception to that would be if you only had a few peers and all of them rebooted or stopped seeding.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    What a balla doing DL'ing audio books? They must be books on pimping. Dawg

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    As long as you dont reboot or stop the torrents you should be able to finish your downloads. The only exception to that would be if you only had a few peers and all of them rebooted or stopped seeding.
    That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    This isn't rocket science: once you have the peerlist you have no need for the tracker except for updating stats (which obviously you don't care about since you've been banned). Just make sure you don't stop the torrent and you'll dl the rest of it fine. I'm assuming, by the fact that you're asking this question, that it's too late for you anyway.

z;ldkfjg;g post disappeared ...

This isn't rocket science: once you have the peerlist from the tracker, you can obviously continue to dl even if you can't access the tracker with your passkey. Of course if you stop the torrent you'll lose all the peers, and I'm assuming by virtue of asking this question that you did stop the torrent, so you're probably screwed. Maybe you'll get really lucky and the private flag wasn't enabled, and someone left dht on.
    Since you do not connect to peers through the tracker, it would not matter if you stopped the torrent or not. You still have their ip addresses and can still connect to them even if you reboot.

Mmhm. Ill get in trouble if i tell you . Lets leave it at that.

The trick is, WhoopDeDoo, you don't "download via [your passkey]". You just download from a peer.
    --

You know, if this is true, all you need is a bunch of ip addresses of the seeders of a particular torrent on a particular private site to download files from the said private site...

You could first get a buddy that is on the private tracker.
    Get him to download a torrent of a file/group of files that you want.
    Get him to update the torrent using his valid passkey to get the ip address of all the seeders of the torrent.
    Since your bittorrent client remembers the ip addresses of the torrent's seeders, the addresses must be stored somewhere on your buddy's hard drive... so just get your buddy to extract and give you the ip addresses, and then you can insert them into your own bittorent client's data.
    Your buddy can then give you a copy of the .torrent you downloaded for you to convert the torrent file into a txt file and manipulate it so that you change the passkey randomly.
    tOf course he update to the tracker will fail on your client because you have an invalid passkey, but you will still be able to connect to peers (seeders) of the torrent you wish to download.

Something here must be wrong. I have no knowledge of programming, so I'm just speculating.
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-18-2007 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    So essentially if you downloaded every torrent from a tracker before getting banned you could still download? Or only if you've started downloading from the torrent already that you can finish?

Music lover, baby.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    It's scary to even think about such an atrocity!

So essentially if you downloaded every torrent from a tracker before getting banned you could still download? Or only if you've started downloading from the torrent already that you can finish?
    If you can get the peers, you can get the dl. I really don't think it matters if you stop the torrent. You've still got the peers and, like I said before, since you don't connect through a tracker, the tracker has no way of controlling your ability to still connect to the peers and, in effect, still downloading from them.

This is pretty crazy stuff.. I feel bad for giving cheaters ideas, but I just gotta know.
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-18-2007 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Sebur's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    sup wangsta?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by leeter View Post
    Cheating is unforgivable sin. That kid should be terminated.
    The way he writes is the sin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast