Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manker Appreciation Thread

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    He made us laugh, he made us cry. He entertained us, he educated us. I think enough time has passed since his sad demise and we should now remember the one they called manker.

Let us celebrate his passing by posting our memories of the fallen one.

I was in bed, reading. The lad wouldn't sleep and was creating merry hell around me but he seemed happy enough so I left him to it.

The phone rang - now normally I don't answer it to numbers I don't know but I did and was greeted by a someone 'looking for manker' who initially sounded Pakistani but then I later realised it was Scotch.

I thought it must be Spider_dude because he is the only Scot who rings me so conducted the conversation as if it was him. After much confusion and me telling 'Liam' to stfu and this 'Jim' telling me that his name wasn't 'Ian', I realised it was JP. I'd never spoken to him before, so it was quite a novelty.

I don't have total recall of the conversation but I do remember JP telling me that my plan to phone at 9:30 the next morning to say whether I needed an extra ticket to Keano's testimonial (the reason for the phonecall) was an "Ideal idea" - which I thought highly amusing in an 'at not with' kinda way.

Anyhow. By now the boy was playing up a bit and obviously wanted me to stop talking on the phone - so I said this to JP:

Me: Sorry, I need to see to my Son. Sorry I can't stop on and chat.
    JP: What?
    Me: Sorry I can't stay and chat but the lad ... .
    JP <interrupting>: I heard what you said; the chances of me actually phoning up someone from the interweb is nigh on fucking zero so if you think for a second that I'm wanting to stay and chat then you're mistaken.

<slight pause>

JP: In fact, after this conversation, I hope I never have to speak to you ever again. Sorry if that sounds OVERLY harsh.

Me <laughing>: Well, okay that's fair enough, I'll have to phone tomorrow tho'.
    JP: Sure. Bye now.

Click.

I'm paraphrasing, obviously, and maybe it wasn't as harsh as all that - more jovial - but I was like
    Please to be noting this is manker's recollection of events.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Ask your employers for a P46 form, fill it in to the effect that your current job (with them) is your main job and take it direct to their accounts dept. That should sort the BR tax rate out - and get you a nice refund of the tax you've overpaid since you started.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quality advice from a true gentleman.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I never knew him, but I always thought of him to be like JP 'cept for the obvious differences.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I forgot to mention, I can actually explain this myth. I must have gotten a bit trigger happy with the 'Post Quick Reply' button in the above post.

Triangular sandwiches are easier to stack in large quantities in long lines on dining trays, they have a solid crust base and when positioned on this it is possible to see the filling. Therefore it is invariably the sarnie shape of choice for parties and pub teams.

At these events there is usually alcohol involved, someone else has made them for us and the sarnies are free - therefore an illusion that triangular sarnies taste better than other shapes is formed, as we all enjoy and are less likely to bitch about free stuff.

I can claim no credit for this as it was my Mam's theory, I prefer square ones. She's definitely right tho
    Wrong, but a quality post

6. Lounge   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Manker's last post

so it was Barbs who made him find the way out?

Last edited by 100%; 06-15-2007 at 08:25 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Ummm.. noobish I know, but I think I missed something... Where exactly did Manker go? What happened? :erm:

8. Lounge   -   #8
    He died mate. We thought it best to leave a few weeks before doing the appreciation thread. It just seemed right.

It's what he would have wanted.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    We need to make sure that he is buried with his wife's bin and
    his pink shirt. (He loved that bin.)

It's the right thing to do.

-bd

10. Lounge   -   #10
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    ...and a sharp pencil.

-bd

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast