Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: David Beckham...what would you do?

what is :earl?

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    She's a singer.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    he seems to be playing like a God at the mo. Considering he's minted already....would you, if contract allowed, put off moving to LA Galaxy to have another season at Real Madrid?

To me, the US league seems like a graveard (no dig at America intended) and would be wasting his talent, and opportunities for prolonged England career.
    The US league is a graveyard. Average soccer attendence at Home Depot Center is about 22,000.

However, Beckham will get a lot of exposure and the possibility of making $250 mil.

It is funny how everyone says that he will make $250 mil. That figure is based too many factors that most likely won't add up. That announcement was a marketing strategy that many bought into.

If Beckham comes here and starts lighting it up, I might even start watching. MLS soccer happens to run partly during a dead spot for American sports.

Half of June then July and August are pretty much dead besides NFL preseason.

NBA preseason starts in Oct., regular season - Nov.
    NFL preseason starts in Aug., regular season - Sept.

Beckham will have aprox 2-months to singlehandedly lift soccer.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I don't think Beckham gives a flying fuck either way. He's at the twilight of his career, his legacy as a top-class player is secure, he's gone there for some easy-living, easy money, and to keep the missus happy.

He'll be glad to play for England if asked, but won't really care if he isn't. He know's they're shit without him. He's done his England duty, scored some memorable goals, won some memorable matches. It'd be nice to get the 100 caps, but meh.

David Beckham is great. Considering all the pressure he's been under during his career, and all the stick he's taken over the years, he's come through it all pretty well. Good on him.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    I think he wants the 100 caps. Only 3 or 4 to go.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    David should have stayed at Manchester United where he was at his best. LA Galaxy are back page stuff in the US. No offense but the vast majority is not intrested in soccer (football to you and me). I have nothing but resepct for the lad but i dont think he is there for the football
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

7. Lounge   -   #37
    I think he had done all he could at manutd and it became a sort of "him of fergie" situation. He could only really go to someone like Real. In addition to their stature as a club it could be argued that he was going there as a positive step, rather than him leaving united being a negative one.

Something along the same lines has happened at Real, with the way he was treated, so where does he go. Any other move to a serious club would be seen as a step down so America was actually a good choice. That and the hundreds of money made it very attractive.

Oh and no-one actually knows how much he will earn, but that's just the way football people talk. Gravesen doesn't actually get £40,000 a week from Celtic, that just makes it easy for people to understand the scale of the thing. That's fucking obvious to even the most hard of thinking.

Oh and as an aside manutd got £1,000,000 last night. It was part of the deal when van Nistleroy went to Real

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I don't think Beckham gives a flying fuck either way. He's at the twilight of his career, his legacy as a top-class player is secure, he's gone there for some easy-living, easy money, and to keep the missus happy.

He'll be glad to play for England if asked, but won't really care if he isn't. He know's they're shit without him. He's done his England duty, scored some memorable goals, won some memorable matches. It'd be nice to get the 100 caps, but meh.

David Beckham is great. Considering all the pressure he's been under during his career, and all the stick he's taken over the years, he's come through it all pretty well. Good on him.
    I truely thing he does give a fuck, as i dont think he thinks hes in the twighlight of his career.

His wife has Hollywood ambitions, i believe she's been pitching the fisrt ball at baseball games? DO people even know who she is there?

Again, fair play to the guy. After that sending off against Argentina, he was given unbelievable abuse. But, he got his head down and played his football, and regained his respect.

I used to hate him, but, well, i take my hat off to him. May Romeo, Brooklyn and Paris (?) all turn out like him.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    The one thing you can't call him is a diver, petulant when he was younger and sometimes a bit of a breenger in the tackle. However even going to Spain hasn't turned him into a diver.

Unlike his ex team-mate, that diving cunt Giggs.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    The one thing you can't call him is a diver, petulant when he was younger and sometimes a bit of a breenger in the tackle. However even going to Spain hasn't turned him into a diver.

Unlike his ex team-mate, that diving cunt Giggs.
    And don't get me strted and that cunt Ronaldo. God, i genuinely get angry when i see his face. Cunt cunt cunt.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast