Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: David Beckham...what would you do?

he seems to be playing like a God at the mo. Considering he's minted already....would you, if contract allowed, put off moving to LA Galaxy to have another season at Real Madrid?

To me, the US league seems like a graveard (no dig at America intended) and would be wasting his talent, and opportunities for prolonged England career.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    I'd do what he's doing. They treated him like shite, so fuck them, their loss.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Oh and the reception he got off the fans last night was superb. When they did the walk onto the park after the game.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    yeah, i agree. But the management have publicly said they've made a huge mistake and apologised. I just worry, although he hasnt got much time left, moving to LA is the end of his England career.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    I thought LA were going to let him go to play for England because the England matches are during the US season, which might be a good thing because at least then he will be fit and on form rather than taking a summer break.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    LA don't have the option to "let him play" country comes first.

He will play for England so long as he is fit, where he is playing is largely irrelevant at this stage in his career. Indeed the chances are he'll be fitter and fresher playing in the USA (no disrespect intended).

The apology was at best a cosmetic exercise, to appease the fans who know that they fucked up by ignoring then publicly embarrassing one of the Worlds top players. He found out he would "never play for Real again" on the TV ffs.

Nah, he'll get about $250,000,000 and enough more caps to get his 100. Maybe even play in 2008. That'll do nicely.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Country only comes first if they don't get a ankle/foot/groin/hamstring injury from opening a can of dog food two days before the game.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    but is the American league really going to give him the proper match practice that he'd get into the major leagues around the world. Not saying the US laege is crap...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Yeah but Beckham won't do that if he is called up for England. He played with a fucked ankle in the last game, with the possibility of not playing in his last Real game, where he might help secure the title.

When the laddie got dropped as Captain he even said "if you ever need me just call". When they did he was there.

True Story.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I though they just called to say I love you.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast