Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2734353637

Thread: Best Book You've Ever Read?

Everybody has its own choice so i have decided to tell you my favorite one. The best book which i read is the "Twilight". I know many of you guys must watch this movie also but believe me guys to read a book is a totally different from watch movie.
    Last edited by anon; 06-30-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Removed spam link

2. Lounge   -   #362
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Good to see you've got a well organized junior reader program at your school, ak.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #363
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Aklian View Post
    Everybody has its own choice so i have decided to tell you my favorite one. The best book which i read is the "Twilight". I know many of you guys must watch this movie also but believe me guys to read a book is a totally different from watch movie.
    To test this theory that books and movies are two entirely different things I attempted to watch Faulkner's novel The Sound and the Fury and found that although the cover was kind of retro-cool it didn't really go anywhere plus the FX were really lame.
    After staring at the cover for 2 hours I figured it had to be over and turned it off by skipping to the back page/end credits.Thank Gawd for the ability to fast forward,huh.

I then proceeded to read Transformers 2 which was really,really difficult considering all the noise.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Aklian View Post
    If I may... here are some further reading suggestions that may help give perspective to your Twilight experience...

The Pillars of the Earth - By Ken Follet

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov

Childhoods End - Arthur C. Clarke

The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien

...Anyways.... that's a good start...

5. Lounge   -   #365
    The first book that I read (after getting back into reading), enjoyed, and still recommend is The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. It's Young Adult but it is a good book to read. Since then, there has been more of course but this is the one that I remember as my first good book after getting back into the reading game.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2734353637