Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is the metal gone?

Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    I kinda grew up with The Police (family influence)
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

2. Music   -   #22
    Real metal? I reccomend "Cock and ball torture" Insane vocal, man
    I kinda grew up on Linkin Park too, but later i was more into the harder stuff, liek Nothingface or Soil. And now, i like the calmer music, again It's called evolution.

3. Music   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster View Post
    god I hate that fuckin word Emo it isn't even a word stupid modern teenagers come up with it ffs

I am for Christ sack all music is *emotional* in some way
    John Lennon was as "emo" as it gets.

4. Music   -   #24
    metal maniac's Avatar ThrashSpeedDeath\m/ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by pietaster View Post
    metal sucks listen to real music heres real music

:pietasters, mustard plug, toasters, dance hall crashers, the police, the clash,the ramones, madness,the jam, iggy & the stooges, the buzzcocks, the boys, bob marley , billy idol, the briefs, social distortion
    Some of that isn't even good punk or qualifies as punk!! Though there are a few bands mentioned that are good most you mentioned suck! Real punk is Sex pistols, Misfits, Fear, D.A.B., Black Flag, The Exploited stuff like that. Only good bands from your list are The Ramones, Iggy pop(some stuff), Buzzcocks(they're ok), Billy Idol(some songs too) and Social Distortion the rest you mentioned is total shit!! Ska and reggae garbage!! So don't go bashing metal if you listen to crap and for your sake I hope you're a girl with pink text like that!!!

5. Music   -   #25
    Necrophag's Avatar Hell no
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky View Post
    i have been longing for a new album on the level of classics such as Slipknot's first, Deftones - Around the FuR, KoRn - Follow The Leader, Ill Nino's first etc...but all i seem to be hearing is that damn emo stuff!!! Anyone know of any new METAL bands out there?
    But you have quoted bands which have no talent and is not metal. So no classics there. For the record alot of brilliant metal albums are being produced by amazing bands right now, 2004 right through to 2007 has been very good for metal bands. Alot of talent, just look and don't go for these rap metal bands which are complete and utter shite, mtv garbage, kids line up stuff
    " When you enter a room full of armed men
    shoot the first person who makes a move, hostile or otherwise.
    He has started to think and is therefore dangerous..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123