Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matrix Revolutions - Big Spoiler

nizers's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@17 June 2003 - 05:36
    uhhh Chris he didn't have it confused read it again

What are the twins? Remember the two henchmen that were VAMPIRES? They were said to have "come from a much older version of the matrix." Well, which version of the matrix did the TWINS come from and what is their purpose?? Are they just ghosts of some sort? They seem to have some very inexplicable powers compared to all of the other programs in the matrix.
    Yea, so.... does anybody have an answer??

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    THey dont really go into detail about the side characters in the movie. The twins are obviously a program maybe even a virus. The Vampires are from an older version of the matrix. nobody knows which one because it doesnt say in the movie unless you want to have one made up so you could be satisfied. the twins purpose is to show a different program so you could understand the matrix more.

Download the movie if you really want to know for yourself. watch and pay attention and youll know just as much as everyone else

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Chriscom i hate to tell u this but what the hell ....since the announcement of the game "The Matrix Online" which is about to release mid next year, it has been clearly stated that the game picks up right after the end of "Revolutions"...so v can definetly rule out the fact that Neo sets free the minds of all the people plugged into the matrix...its far too impractical anyway.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Whoa, sorry, sorry.

My bad about the vampires and twins thing, I was in a hurry and skipped over some pretty important words Again, sorry about that.

I also forgot about The Matrix Online. You would think that they wouldn't want to give away that info, but I guess so. But I think that ALOT of people posting have forgotten that it is a movie after all, it has to have an end, and one that people will like. I have talked to people that aren't obbsessed with the matrix and could care less about what being plugged in means. They just like the fight scenes and the sweet love story. For those people you have to actually make a movie. You can have it end with mankind being wiped out. I might be wrong, but I highly doubt it. Of course they could defeat the machines and use the matrix like the someone above said, just for fun. Everyone will have holes in their heads, so why not?? What I'm saying is you can't tell me 100% that I'm wrong until you see the movie. But I will agree that the game being in the matrix is an important aspect. Again, sorry about those two things,
    Chris

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by RClover@16 June 2003 - 14:26
    Then I just happened to remember from the first movie when Smith was interrogating Morpheus. Smith was looking for access codes to the Zion mainframe which poses the question: Why would you need codes for something that actually exists in the real world?
    Ahh, but why would he need codes for something that exists in an actualy matrix anyway? It seems that in this scence, he was merely asking for the codes to the zion mainframe, that like controls the ships, and security systems and such, not like a "mainframe in the matrix" that controls zion.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Not in the Matrix

but a Matrix within a Matrix
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    I think one of the most important pieces of the film is right at the end where neo senses the sentinel and then appears to stop it and I thought the same as most other people that somehow neo was linked to smith and therefore permanently to the matrix and all its machines, but what if neo didn't stop it? Its a bit way out, but what if it was taken down with an EM pulse (a ship appears a little time after doesn't it?) and Neo was knocked out by the same pulse? Is neo part machine?

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Originally posted by Klona45@14 June 2003 - 23:37
    So as soon as he walks out the door to save trinity (even tho the arcitect said it was impossible) every1 hard wired to the matrix dies? the arcitect said they could survive without the biological power. im soo confused, plus you have to remeber that Smith is inside that guy in the coma at the end of the film, was it him who set the EMP off to early?
    Yes. Ofcoarse it was him. He was the only survivor. Morpheus eluded to it.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@17 June 2003 - 10:54
    Now, just to bring up something that no one here has mentioned yet. Morpheus, in the first movie, makes reference to the previous "One". When he's telling Neo about Zion and the remaining humans, he says something along the lines of "There was a man born inside the Matrix who could bend the rules of the Matrix to his will. He was the one that that set the first of us free." (or something like that).
    To follow that up, from what I can remember, Morpheus also said early in the first movie that the previous "one" who set them free, died and had told Morpheus he would someday be back.

That's the real original prophecy, that the 5th "ONE" thought his own 'soul', or his same being on the inside, would be back to life in a new body someday. And Morpheus believed it.

So Morpheus wasn't told that there would be a brand NEW "one" someday, but was told that the SAME "one" would be back only in a different body.

That also shows that the previous "one" had made a strange choice. A choice in which the people he set free (including Morpheus) LIVED. A choice in which he had time to say goodbye to Morpheus. A choice in which he then died from. Then which door did he take? Which door allows all of that to be possible? That you die, and the real world's people survive, but before you die you see them and say bye bye to them! Which door gave the 5th "one" that possibility?

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by awfullwaffle919@2 July 2003 - 23:31
    That's the real original prophecy, that the 5th "ONE" thought his own 'soul', or his same being on the inside, would be back to life in a new body someday. And Morpheus believed it.
    I would go as far as to say the previous One knew "he" would be back. It's obvious all of the Ones had met the Architect, therefor they knew that the One was a recurring phenomenon.

The Prophecy is only a prophecy because it's happened before, and the important players know that it will happen again.

And I'm not so sure Morpheus knew the previous One personally, but I might be wrong. I haven't watched the first movie in a while...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast