Thread: Torrent Client

BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I thought utorrent 1.6 was the safest and most widely allowed torrent client, but I was wrong. It's banned somewhere I just joined. The fact also remains that utorrent 1.6.1 might be dangerous due to some arrangement with Bram Cohen and the utorrent dev. Azureus apparently collected your total UL stats, your total DL stats, and your ISP name/info in a number of releases. I don't know what to use ...
    What's safe... what's widely allowed by private torrent sites... are there any up and coming new awesome clients?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    none?
    Every tracker have their own rules, but I assume utorrent 1.61 build 474 is the safest
    better read tracker's rules/faq first
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    uttorent.Forget ppl saying that crap about ut.Its among the best.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Use the latest version of µtorrent (currently 1.6.1). It is allowed by 99.9% private trackers.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    At bitmetv, they say people eject utorrent 1.6.1 because of a possible security issue. This is from the site:
    This is Bram Cohen, the creator of the BitTorrent protocol, and Ludvig (Ludde) Strigeus, the writer of µTorrent.
    Together, we are pleased to announce that BitTorrent, Inc. and µTorrent AB have decided to join forces. BitTorrent has acquired µTorrent as it recognized the merits of µTorrent's exceptionally well-written codebase and robust user community. Bringing together µTorrent's efficient implementation and compelling UI with BitTorrent's expertise in networking protocols will significantly benefit the community with what we envision will be the best BitTorrent client.
    What does this mean for the µTorrent community? Not much, at least not at first. The intention is to maintain the website as it is, and keep the forums and community active. Moving forward behind the scenes, we will continue to develop µTorrent and will be using the codebase in other applications, especially ones where a fast, lightweight implementation is more suitable, such as embedded systems on TVs, cell phones, and other non-PC platforms.
    The existent µTorrent and BitTorrent communities are immensely valuable to us, which is why we are announcing this here first to make sure you're all the first to know about the news. The plan is to continue to foster the health and growth of the community that has been critical to the success of µTorrent. Thank you in advance for your support.

-Bram and Ludde

Bram Cohen had previously been forced to sell/partner with the Major Studios/mpaa because he was being threatened with legal action. Now, Ludde, the developer of utorrent, has sold utorrent to Bram's venture. This means that utorrent is now partiall/wholly owned by the very people you read about who are suing children and grandmothers for filesharing, and who have taken down many torrent sites over the last few years.

How sure is everyone here that utorrent 1.6.1 is safe to use?