Thread: dvd ripping - scene guide ???

BANNED BT Rep: +3
    i like to rip a dvd into a 2cd divx (700 mb each ).. by following the scene rules ..

is there any guide to do that ?? how do groups like DiAMOND rip such perfect divx rips ??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I have a .gif file with all the rulez and shit but it's on my comp back in budapest, don't have access to it now, I'll look for it right now and see if i can find it

ok here it is, wikipedia is your friend mate
    XviD releasing standards
    Last edited by eliteman; 06-21-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Check here in the rules section. Has a bunch of different standards like tv, dvdr, xvid, mp3 etc...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Although be warned, if you follow those archaic scene rules you will end up with a poor-quality, cd sized rip.
    Now go away.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteman View Post
    I have a .gif file with all the rulez and shit but it's on my comp back in budapest, don't have access to it now, I'll look for it right now and see if i can find it

ok here it is, wikipedia is your friend mate
    XviD releasing standards
    Quote Originally Posted by necromantic View Post
    Check here in the rules section. Has a bunch of different standards like tv, dvdr, xvid, mp3 etc...
    thanks guyz ..

Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Although be warned, if you follow those archaic scene rules you will end up with a poor-quality, cd sized rip.
    lol .. yea . its so confusing .. am following a doom9 guide now. . its less complicated ..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    actually i found the rulez to be very clear and i don't see how u will end up with a poor quality rip, he was asking about a 2cd rip anyways so what's wrong with a cdsized rip, that's what most things are released as anyways, and how are they archaic rulez if most groups still use them or get nuked if they don't

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteman View Post
    actually i found the rulez to be very clear and i don't see how u will end up with a poor quality rip, he was asking about a 2cd rip anyways so what's wrong with a cdsized rip, that's what most things are released as anyways, and how are they archaic rulez if most groups still use them or get nuked if they don't
    Theres alot of retarded people in the scene nowadays.

For example before if they caught you doing anything with p2p many years ago you would be scene banned and your information given out.

Now you have groups like Canalstreet and many more who acctually get caught sharing files they got off p2p and they dont even get banned or commented about. I mean to be honest their rules are a joke..

Even their methods of encoding are way out of date. They havent changed them in over 2 yrs. Alot of new methods that prove to be better could be adapted to the rules.

In reguards to nukes... they nuke your shit no matter if its done by the rules or not. Theres alot of kiddies on nukenet that nuke for no reason. For instance ive seen alot of stuff nuked for cbr audio when it was clear as day VBR audio. And the shit that was CBR audio wasnt nuked. It all depends whos nuking the files and what they have against you basically.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Try comparing a Advanced Filesize Rip to a scene one of the same movie and you will see the difference in quality....

Outdated they are, and very much so......
    Now go away.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lovewalrus's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    it's true... it's like the scene are pandering to a big street trade market in the far east or something..?!
    that or they really like saving 2 cents on their disks...???

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Kebert's Avatar Xela BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    It's only kind've like that....

It's more like the fact that it's been this way for a long time. It works. If it's not broke don't fix it.

Honestly I do favor updated rules for TV shows and how seasons fit on DVD-Rs .. but the XviD rules are fine for the time being. The TDX2K4 not that new BS released by noobs.