Thread: need help with this problem !!!

man's Avatar EgT BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Angry

hey every body......

i have file 4.5 giga ,, i want to extract it to my partition,,

when i came to extract the file ,, he said to that partion C has no space ,

partion C is 6.5 giga on me ,, i think may be the temp of program is the problem

and i extracrt the file in another ntfs partition , and set up the program in another

partition, but the problem still , i don't know why he said that partion c has no space

i extract by winrar,, what is the problem,, i need good solution to this problem

no one came to me to resize the partition C

in end...... please excuse me for my poor english

thanx for you..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    try a different program i suggest 7-zip
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i don't see what it has to do with torrents, but try to extract just one file of the 4.5G archive.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    just i want to know what he said that partition C no space whatever i don't set up the program and extract in c partition i extract in another partion,,

don't see what it has to do with torrents, but try to extract just one file of the 4.5G archive
    i tried more one file that his space is 4.5 G.... i want to know the source of problem to solution it,,,

many any more thanks for your post,,

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    If u are sure that file system is ntfs then i think the problem is with the temp file that is deafult in c:...... even if u select to setup in other partition,of the same drive.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    try a different program i suggest 7-zip
    i tried the program but the problem is still ,,,

If u are sure that file system is ntfs then i think the problem is with the temp file that is deafult in c:...... even if u select to setup in other partition,of the same drive.
    i setup the program in another partition and extract in another partition that mean the partition C is reached out,, but the problem said no space

i don't know what that happened ?

another solution ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    C: 1st partition -- 5gig program
    2nd -- 5gig extraction place

if the program is in 1st partion,then when you try to extract in second partion it uses 4,5 + 4,5(temp) = 9gig wrong

same with the other partion.Try to clean the partition with the program, so u have double free space on the partion~9gig and then extract it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    4fun's Avatar NOOB FOR EVER BT Rep: +4
    just if ur partation is fat32 then format it to ntfs and after that unrare the file if u still have the same problem then u have bad sector on this partation and thats mean u have to chosse onther partation to unrare the file into it

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    most probable cause of the error is filesystem. You probably have Fat32, you need to convert it to NTFS. Fat32 cant handle filesizes larger than 4.2GB, or something around that number.

Btw, wrong section. This isnt where you ask help for computer related problems.
    Last edited by limpdickkid; 06-23-2007 at 04:59 AM.