Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sammy sosa, and barry bonds

snowultra's Avatar Member
    are these 2 the biggest steroid users in the history of the world.......yes

2 years ago sammy sosa couldnt hit the ball, now he's hitting home runs?

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Steroid allegations have never really been fully proven for both of them.

But I dont need the steroids thing to not be a fan of Sammy. That cork bat incident did it for me.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowultra View Post
    are these 2 the biggest steroid users in the history of the world.......yes

2 years ago sammy sosa couldnt hit the ball, now he's hitting home runs?
    So you think they are doing it now?

They are both under great scutiny. The corked bat means squat to me besides it was simply against the rules.

Corked bats don't to give much advantage. From what I understand it may help a batter simply get a hit but not hit HRs.

Take away Bonds' scrutinized 73 HRs and he's still a hall of fame player.

I think A Rod can break his record though and I know had it not been for injury that Ken Griffey Jr would have definitely been right there with Bonds.

All in all I think certain things about baseball are great but the game itself is boring.

I was so ignorant about the game that I thought a no-hitter was literal. I thought it meant that the pitcher was so badass that no one could hit the ball in play.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    I was so ignorant about the game that I thought a no-hitter was literal. I thought it meant that the pitcher was so badass that no one could hit the ball in play.
    No hitter to me just means the fielders making spectacular plays, the ball not finding the right holes and I suppose the pitcher having an above average outing. Hell, the cyle is harder to accomplish.

No question about it, with or without the alleged anabolics. The 500 sb/ 500 hr stat is just astonishing.

Corked bats don't to give much advantage. From what I understand it may help a batter simply get a hit but not hit HRs.
    If theres no advatage to be gained, why did the likes of Sosa and Belle did it? That in itself is mindboggling.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    No hitter to me just means the fielders making spectacular plays, the ball not finding the right holes and I suppose the pitcher having an above average outing. Hell, the cyle is harder to accomplish.

No question about it, with or without the alleged anabolics. The 500 sb/ 500 hr stat is just astonishing.

If theres no advatage to be gained, why did the likes of Sosa and Belle did it? That in itself is mindboggling.
    They say it was an accident. It's probably a psychological advantage more than anything.

The about no-hitters is that if a fielder bobbles the ball and the runner gets on base....it's still a no-hitter cuz that was an error.

Baseball hits and literal hits aren't the same a longshot. I thought no-hitter meant soemthing similar to what in baseball terms is called a perfect game.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-23-2007 at 03:08 PM.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    I think both are HOFs...

Honestly, this can be taken 2 ways.

1) Steroids don't help you hit hte ball

- Which I think is an excellent arguement.. but most aren't willing to accept that.. so I offer this

2) Bonds and Sosa weren't the only people taking 'roids. Former players have said that it was an open culture for over a decade in baseball. So if you have a 'roided pitcher (who took them to recover faster from his last appearance) vs. a 'roided batter... isn't it hte same.

3) How about the fact that baseball stadiums are getting smaller and smaller? Or that baseball didn't care because the HR chase brought it back after it struggled after the strike..

Either way.. they're both HOFs IMO

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Baseball hits and literal hits aren't the same a longshot. I thought no-hitter meant soemthing similar to what in baseball terms is called a perfect game.
    They're similar in the sense that the pitcher cant allow any hit at all. But perfect games are many times harder to come by than no hitters since you really have get every hitter you face out. 27 up, 27 down. According to wiki, perfect games statistically happen every 8 seasons. In a no-hitter, you can walk 10 batters and still get the no-no.

You're right. But it does make a difference whether an extra base hit is a double or a HR.

In any case, if i was a hall of fame voter, I'd vote for them too. But i definitely think they should raise the bar for getting in now specifically for hitters. 500 hrs is an easily attainable feat now for any decent slugger.
    Last edited by DefX; 06-23-2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty View Post
    I think both are HOFs...

Honestly, this can be taken 2 ways.

- Which I think is an excellent arguement.. but most aren't willing to accept that.. so I offer this

2) Bonds and Sosa weren't the only people taking 'roids. Former players have said that it was an open culture for over a decade in baseball. So if you have a 'roided pitcher (who took them to recover faster from his last appearance) vs. a 'roided batter... isn't it hte same.

3) How about the fact that baseball stadiums are getting smaller and smaller? Or that baseball didn't care because the HR chase brought it back after it struggled after the strike..

Either way.. they're both HOFs IMO
    Sosa isn't imo. He just doesn't have any other stats to back it up.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I was a Bonds fan
    and I've always hated that lieing SOB Sammy Sosa
    No Whining

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I agree. That HR Record Chase back in '98 with McGwire and Sosa really brought the fans back after the strike. They will both be HOFs in the future imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast