Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Classical Composer

Originally posted by MagicNakor+15 June 2003 - 23:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor &#064; 15 June 2003 - 23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Golden Guitarest@15 June 2003 - 13:53
    Whats some got Modern classical composers I could check out?
    There isn&#39;t such a thing as modern classical music. The Classical period was from 1750-1825.

[/b][/quote]
    I suppose Golden Guitarest meant Classical Music&#39;s Composers of the "Modern" period.. , in example:

Bartók , Berg, Britten, Copland, Debussy, Ives, Prokofiev, Ravel, Shostakovich, Stravinsky and others....am I right ?

Have fun &#33;

2. Music   -   #2
    thanks alot guys thats a great help will check them out and I have joined soulseek now and I love it

3. Music   -   #3
    Beethoven, and not just for his music, although that alone is more than adequate.

He was generally morose and suspicious, and never succeeded in making any permanent relationship with a woman. His deafness increased his isolation and mistrust of human beings; but this disability merely accentuated characteristics which were already present. He displayed in marked degree, the conviction of superiority so typical of schizoid characters...&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    Dr Storr
    The only thing better than a genius is a tortured genius.

For the technically minded he suffered from a schizoid personality disorder (not to be confused with schizophrenia) .

4. Music   -   #4
    i dont know about classical but my favorite composer is Danny Elfman. Check him out.

5. Music   -   #5
    I surely must say Tcaikovsky..

6. Music   -   #6
    Wagner... B)

7. Music   -   #7
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Beethoven and Wagner for the pure drama of it all.
    I do love Gershwin though.

8. Music   -   #8
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    bach & beethoven

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster
    Gustav Holst if that counts......

10. Music   -   #10
    Ex-member
    I cannot believe that no-one has mentioned Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart yet.

I am shocked and stunned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast