Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox Doubt..!!

Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Hey Guys,

I have one doubt. Is there any way in which we can seed the same file to two different accounts on same tracker..

E.g

My friend downloads a file named ABC from Oink and then seeds to his account... No say even i want to seed that file to my account at oink too..!!

How can that be done..!!

Utorrent is being used as a tracker..

I hope my query is clear

Thanx
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    lovewalrus's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    No. you could seed it to two different trackers though

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BLaZiN's Avatar Up yours! BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    cant see a problem with that as long as u both dont actually sign in on each others account with the same ip, seeding from the same ip is different ball park altogether - will be fine

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    @rumple :- i mean my friend has already downloaded this ABC file..!! Do i need to download it again to seed it to my account..??

Can i use the contents that he has downloaded
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You can use the contents of course -_-
    But since you are both using the same IP, make sure you talk to OiNK first about it. They might have a 1 account per IP policy.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    OiNK doesn't mind if you have multiple accounts. But if one account gets banned, the other account(s) may also get banned. But since only seeding is involved here, I think you will be safe.

But you cannot seed the same torrent to two different accounts on OiNK at the same time.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    oh got it thakx red

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    OiNK doesn't mind if you have multiple accounts. But if one account gets banned, the other account(s) may also get banned. But since only seeding is involved here, I think you will be safe.

But you cannot seed the same torrent to two different accounts on OiNK at the same time.

Acctually I would think you could... They use passkeys do they not?

As long as you tell the staff members your sharing a box you should be fine.
    If it was using the old methods where it went by ips then it wouldnt let you. But passkeys avoid all that.

In reguards to having the dl the file again... you shouldnt have to if you can view your friends files on the same server. Just set it to download the file in the location that his completed files are in and it will go throught the process of checking and see its the same and let you seed it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I would think that it would need uTorrent installed twice. Since it's the same .torrent file (apart from passkey) wouldn't uTorrent reject the file since it's already loaded in the program. I know Azureus does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    I would think that it would need uTorrent installed twice. Since it's the same .torrent file (apart from passkey) wouldn't uTorrent reject the file since it's already loaded in the program. I know Azureus does this.
    yup i've done it with someone on my box using two utorrent instances and the same file on the drive, worked like a charm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast