Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoi Knob

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    We were talking about a jawb application I was doing last week
    You didn't get the fucking job, that doesn't count. Would you even have applied for it if the wee fat women with the mole at the job centre hadn't been giving you hassle?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I haven't heard back yet cause they haven't gone thro' the applications yet.
    I'm not on the dole at the moment either

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    I haven't heard back yet cause they haven't gone thro' the applications yet.
    I'm not on the dole at the moment either
    They have, yours was binned.
    Why did they stop your money?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    They haven't, they're starting them on monday.
    I finished the 3 month course I was doing.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    What was the course you were doing? I had to do a two week course where they teach you how to apply for jobs and write your name. I was one of the few to pass. Then I was forced to do voluntary work for 6 months. Then got a job and things went downhill.

Edit - What's the best way to kill a hamster, so that there's no noise and no evidence of killing.
    Last edited by callum; 06-23-2007 at 11:10 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by callum View Post
    What was the course you were doing? I had to do a two week course where they teach you how to apply for jobs and write your name. I was one of the few to pass. Then I was forced to do voluntary work for 6 months. Then got a job and things went downhill.

Edit - What's the best way to kill a hamster, so that there's no noise and no evidence of killing.
    I had to do the two week course thing too, there wasn't any requirement other than to attend to pass it. Out of the 39 people on it, 7 passed (myself included).

They gave me a choice of working in a charity shop for 3 months or do clait+ at a training place. The thing is tho', the training place didn't actually have anyone to do any teaching, I just found the exams on the computer and did them myself. I ended up spending most of my time there teaching middle aged men how to use a computer.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

I had to do the two week course thing too, there wasn't any requirement other than to attend to pass it. Out of the 39 people on it, 7 passed (myself included).

They gave me a choice of working in a charity shop for 3 months or do clait+ at a training place. The thing is tho', the training place didn't actually have anyone to do any teaching, I just found the exams on the computer and did them myself. I ended up spending most of my time there teaching middle aged men how to use a computer.
    Can't help feeling there something wrong there. If there is a shortage of tutors and unemployed people all in the same room.......
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #18
    I offered my services but they said no cause I didn't have any official qualifications. They were happy to let me continue doing it for free tho'.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster

I picked the putting newspaper/magazine articles onto tape for the blind option. It was actually the best job/slavery that I've ever had, but I had to go and fuck it up by getting a real job.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    The reason why they had no tutors was cause it's not a proper training place rly, it was a computer company who have a contract with the jawb centre to take on unemployed people in return for lots of monies. They usually get people who are there to learn hardware to fix customers' PCs and get the unemployed software nerds to write databases and stuff for them to use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast