Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why ftn now is Level 8?

BANNED BT Rep: +5
    first, theres many other and better ways except of trading
    as much as i hate seeing people offering their first born for torrent sites i dont think that changing the wiaw thread will change people requests for their accounts but no one cant predict that and if the mods think it might work then ill be the last person to go against it
    live and let live and respect to everyone

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Thanos's Avatar Girls <3 BT BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I think Trackers Level System should be base in: speed+content+pretime+rarity
    I think its fair and its possible.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    I think Trackers Level System should be base in: speed+content+pretime+rarity
    I think its possible.
    its possible and its the best combination (u can even take pretime & maybe rarity off the list because imo it doesnt mean how good is the tracker).
    but its very subjective to rate the trackers like that because u dont have specific definitions for each lvl
    Last edited by hungdob; 06-23-2007 at 09:06 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I think it should be only speed+content+pretime, not rarity

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    this rarity bull shit has made people think.. "well I have a shitty level 10 tracker I never use but since its the rarest I'm going to sell it to the highest bitter, and thats unfair to people who don't know any better

EDIT: @ hungdob
    I understand where you coming from but a change in the WIAW system could promote tracker site staff to get there asses in gear so they can make it to the top and be the best site out there. there of coure will lengthy discussens about how this tracker is better than that but its up to the staff here at FST
    Last edited by Gish; 06-23-2007 at 09:33 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    i believe that a change in the wiaw thread could only help this place but im sorry to blow your bubble, trackers staff will prefer not to be mentioned and fst so people wont trade account/invites to their sites and keep it only for people who deserve it and have close community

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    finnlugg's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    agree to saulin

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by finnlugg View Post
    agree to saulin

saulin is hiding somewhere?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm at work lol. Well the reason why UK-T or trackers like FTWR stay closed is because they have lots of people interested in them and therefore the comunity stays at the same level. However if no one gave a shit about them because they really aren't worth much. The staff would need to open registrations or give more vinvites and up the user limit. It's the users that keep trackers alive.

And the only reason there is huge demand for them is because they are rare. Not because they really are worth more than some Lvl 2-3 trackers.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Seriously who cares about the rarity system. If trackers were rated on how good they are then trackers like UK-T or FTWR would not be so rare.
    Trackers ARE rated my friend according to how good they are...
    Have you noticed a small number 9 besides TL? TL[9]
    Yes, it gets 9/10 as far as content concerned...

But yeah if it wasn't because of rarity rating systems some tarckers would not be so rare because people would have no problem giving up their rare crappy trackers for really good trackers.
    Trackers are rare for a certain reason. Rarity is based on how hard it is to get an invite and not because of a silly FST rating system...
    When there are 4invites given to every PU on TL how would you expect to be as rare as UK-t, where there are no invites at all for months?

The reason why some people hold on to rare trackers is because they are waiting for that insane offer they can't resufe which is very well buffered trackers. This might be the wrong section to discuss this but I also think that a lot of reviews need to be re-done because they really don't tell the truth about the trackers. With real reviews people would think before trying to trade for rare trackers.
    Don't jump into conclusions... Not all people think like you.
    Not all people are traders and holding a rare tracker to trade it afterwards.
    And the reviews ARE telling the truth, because there are also ratings according to content, pre-times etc

For example if TL would have been rated much higher because of how good it's; it would not have such a huge user database and even though PU gets 4 invites a week they would not be giving away invites like candi.
    Do you really believe what you are saying?
    Do you think that if TL was rated as level10 in rarity, people wouldn't giveaway their invites?
    It is as easy to get invites there as candy my friend...
    Have you ever uploaded over 200GB to be able to ask for 1invite? Then you would appreciate the invite I think much more that you do now...

Therefore because these trackers would not get much attention they would be forced to open signups or increase the user database and give out invites.
    Do you really think that a tracker gives a shit about the FST ratings? All they care is their safety.
    Others care less about safety, like TL, and other much more such as UK-t.
    Do you think that Uk-t would open signups to gain your attention or because it would fall deliberately from level10 to level1?
    Last edited by znik; 06-23-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast