Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Why ftn now is Level 8?

mossy123's Avatar {SouLfiRE} BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I agree, give away your free level 8 and 9 trackers here <------------------

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Had along time reading the comments

well,to be honest i saw that a large portion of members seemed to ignore or not taken close look of the ratings as most of them talked about the rarity ranking and just forgot to mention that if they look well into the main thread post they would be able to see the other ranking we have which was implented to help members figure out the trackers that they would use instead of just getting trackers based on rarity ,as i always say and point out there is brackets besides each tracker [] where the number between brackets indicates the overall ranking of the tracker based on (content+speed+pre times)

There is also the trackers reviews which is avery helpful way to know more about almost all listed trackers in the thread and sothat u can makeup your decision whether you are going to need this tracker or not as most of the reviews contains inside screenshots from the tracker showing content,seeders,forums ,etc besides that alot of those reviews have some decenet members opinions about their experience in these trackers

but unfortunately a wide range just disregard those things (other ranking ,reviews) and just look at the rarity ranking only

Personally i don't recommend members to go after high trackers based on rarity because alot of them suck in my opinion and if u concentrate well ,u will see that alot of lvl2 and lvl 3 trackers have much better ranking [] than those in the top

I have been to hundreds of trackers but if i had to choose what trackers i can keep ,i would choose definetly the low level ones like TL and Revolutiontt besides Czone for 0-day stuff and other lower lvls because i can get whatever i want from these trackers and their pre-times are getting much faster besides that it won't hurt me to wait like 5 mins after the release is out on another tracker

so rarity thing isn't really everything because there is another ranking besides the reviews available ,everyone can choose what suits him and use it or just ignore the whole thread and do whatever he likes
    Last edited by Patriot foreve; 06-24-2007 at 09:07 PM.
    The life you live for others is the one worth living

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    edit
    Last edited by Schism; 06-24-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    well, if rarity isn't the most important thing, why don't u just turn the WIAW thread into ranking sites by all, speed, content, pre and rarity, making the general levels based on rarity makes the people think that it's the most important thing, which it isn't

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    If the ranking would be based on: speed, content, pretimes, and rarity (with 2.5 points max for each)...

I think it would be for:

TL: speed(2), content(2.5), pretimes(2), rarity(.5) = lvl 7 (rounded off)

FTN: speed(2), content(2), pretimes(2.5), rarity(2) = lvl 9 (rounded off)

SCT: speed(2.5), content(2.5), pretimes(2), rairity(2) = lvl 9

Last edited by fstrulz; 06-24-2007 at 09:50 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    good job fstrulz, it's actually quite good formula to use, and I agree with the rating

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I think what some people are trying to say and I'm just trying to sum it all up is that we want level of rarity gone or less difined and simply integrate levels solely or pre times torrent etc. the way the wiaw thread is now it puts more importence on rarity than it does what number is in []
    and for noobs and members alike what is in [] is less important than what it says under level 10 tracker.

Edit: good formula fstrulz! I like

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post
    If the ranking would be based on: speed, content, pretimes, and rarity (with 2.5 points max for each)...

I think it would be for:

TL: speed(2), content(2.5), pretimes(2), rarity(.5) = lvl 7 (rounded off)

FTN: speed(2), content(2), pretimes(2.5), rarity(2) = lvl 9 (rounded off)

SCT: speed(2.5), content(2.5), pretimes(2), rairity(2) = lvl 9

Now why would FTN have the same rarity as SCT when FTN has a way lower user base and hardly anyone even tries to trade in public. Also why would you give FTN a speed of 2? I get the same speeds at FTN as I do at SCT so it doesn't make sense imo.

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Relax it's just an example

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I share your opinions, i really think the WIAW thread should be redone so that the main focus isnt rarity. I think the formula presented by fstrulz its pretty good and the admins should really consider redoing the thread using a formula like this

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast