Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone still using any of the Vista releases after 30days?

Tiffany's Avatar <3 BT Rep: +1
    I was reading on TL that all of the scene releases of Vista, that SOME of the users reported that after 30 days of using it, "expired" after 30 days - even after using the one-click activators.

From what I gather, it seems that it'll work fine and they can update from Microsoft w/o hassle but after around 30 days, some of them got a "limited" version of Vista.

Did this also happen to some of you guys? I'm thinking of switching but don't want to go back to XP after a month because I couldn't update anymore + limited version.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It's been working fine for me cuz I flashed my bios w/ one that was modified to include slp2 license info. That allows me to activate vista just like an oem machine w/o software emulation. This is the real deal.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Tiffany's Avatar <3 BT Rep: +1
    Thanks for that info. Guess I have to check out Google for more info about slp2...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Should you be looking for a working (tested and verified by yours truly) solution that doesn't require BIOS tinkering, PM me and I will give you a pointer. Updates are running fine, everything normal and this is way past 30 days.

ciram

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I've been using it since november.
    I think I mighta formatted around december or january, can't remember.

Can't even remember what cracks ive installed, but the counter still works (30days) but when it gets to 0 nothing happens.
    When I restart it starts over.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    can I curse? FUCK!
    I've got a copy that installs fine. I think they cracked an OEM manufacturer's copy and made it permanently activated. I guess the only thing is that it has a dell logo.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    I've been using it since november.
    I think I mighta formatted around december or january, can't remember.

Can't even remember what cracks ive installed, but the counter still works (30days) but when it gets to 0 nothing happens.
    When I restart it starts over.

I never had a problem and I'm not that smart so count me in in too . 9douwn always had the most up to date info ,IMHO .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I've used several. I started with the timestop crack, but it was inferior because vista was not actually activated. Then I used the Paradox activation crack, but stopped using that cuz it will have a "fix" from microsoft soon. Then I tried the softmod crack (bootloader that loads emulated bios then vista on top of it) but it didn't work with dual boot. Moded bios has been the only thing that has really worked for me, and I'm quite bappy with it (although was so nervous flashing it that I was pulling my hair out).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I've heard a lot of people have had luck with the NoPe releases of Vista, but I've also heard it seems to depend somewhat on who made your BIOS (and I imagine but no solid info on how up-to-date your BIOS is with upgrades)..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    easy to update bios, but that won't help unless it's modified to include slic table

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast