Thread: those that have a Wii

WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    How is the gameplay compared to the PS3? I hear the xobx coming out with something for the 360 so it will be similar to Wi gameplay, link http://youtube.com/watch?v=1xCSuPg90ck is that like the Wii? or is the Wii much better? I heard the PS3 has that type of controller as well. any thoughts? Talismoon Tilt Board 360 it's called that u will have to soilder into the 360 controller.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    PS3 has the same controllers it had for PS2 except they're wireless now.

Wii can be extremely fun to play. If you're looking for a crowd pleaser and shear entertainment, I suggest the Wii. Plus, it's half the price of the PS3.

PS3 has some spectacular graphics for a console, but the games are still limited at this point.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I have already an xbox 360 but that thing for the controller i was wondering how much gameplay would be increased? though i have never seen the difference in Wii gameplay but i hear it's much better than PS3 and the 360. I like good graphics thouugh thats why i never considered a Wii. I will miss the FF series though as none will be on the 360.
    Last edited by WHRST; 06-25-2007 at 06:40 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    To be quite honest the graphics on the wii suck, I'd stick to the 360.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Get the Wii now and wait to get the PS3 as there are no decent games out for it at the moment, besides gameplay trumps graphics every time. The PS3 will start looking like a decent purchase once FFXIII, GTA4 and the new Metal Gear game comes out (so not until next year then).

I believe there is a Final Fantasy spin-off coming out for the Wii as well . . .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    gta4 is crossplatform titles so developers will not go all out on it like they probably would on FFXIII?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by WHRST View Post
    How is the gameplay compared to the PS3? I hear the xobx coming out with something for the 360 so it will be similar to Wi gameplay, link http://youtube.com/watch?v=1xCSuPg90ck is that like the Wii? or is the Wii much better? I heard the PS3 has that type of controller as well. any thoughts? Talismoon Tilt Board 360 it's called that u will have to soilder into the 360 controller.
    The has great gameplay that wears off quickly unless you are in a party situation. The graphics suck compared to the 360 and PS3. It basically is a souped up Gamecube with a motion controller.

All you have to is think if you honestly are going to wanna play a number of games by moving your arms around. For me, sometimes yes. Most of the time, no.

For instance, let's say you are playing a card game. Do you wanna fling the controller to pass out cards or sit there and press a button? Initially I absolutely liked playing the Wii but again, it wore off quickly.

Wait on the PS3. It sucks on games right now. The best one is Resistance (it is quite good) but they for the most part it is vaporware.

GTA4 is going to be on the 360. However, there are other games on the PS3's horizon that will make it worth a purchase later.

I'm looking forward to Lair, Mercenaries 2, and Heavenly Sword. Also you know there's going to be a God Of War 3.

The PS3 will probably be the system I get cross platform games for eventually. I'll figure out the best system then:

use that system for all cross-platform games (they'll olay best on it) and it's exclusives

the other two consoles will just be for their exclusives

Last go round

I got all cross platform games for the Xbox and used the PS2 and Gamecube for their exclusives. The Xbox had the best graphics.

Last go round also my Gamecube library was a piece of shit. This go round I can't see having great Wii library (which is another thing to think about when buying a console.....game volume and mileage).