Thread: Cant play HD properly on Vista...

Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    so I was using xp and I am now using Vista Home premium. When I was running on xp I could play Hd just fine using media player classic and CoreAVC. Now, on Vista, I am playing the same file in the same program with the same decoder and its unwatchable...

any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Have you tried playback in VLC?

A comparison could help in the search for the problem. Most likely though it's some kind of performance issue because I've seen the same problem before. It should be no hassle to temporarily disable visual themes of Vista, ideally reboot your system, and test playback on both players again.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    I had the same problem, is it a tiny a bit jumpy? I uninstalled klite mega codec pack and then installed klite codec pack FULL...worked for me!
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    well, its working now...kinda, not sure why thou, but the sound is usually seriously out of sync thou... which it shoulnt be...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I also suggest you give VLC a try. It has options for audio delay so you could manually shift the audio track until it's in sync.

VLC Client:
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/