Thread: Pew! Or, World Opinion Of The Usa

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by TheDave@15 June 2003 - 19:20
    i bow down to you, oh one of long non sensicle words
    Just so....

C'mon, man, let's have a bier.....behr....er, brrr-

How's a shot sound?

I'll buy-
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    What the world thinks of America - The BBC has asked the world to vote for the greatest American ever and the people that got the top votes are now in the top 10 list. BBC GREATEST AMERICAN

So what does the world really think of America. With nearly 50percent of the votes is Homer Simpson ahead of the great Abraham Lincoln who is second and MR T (BA BARACUS) is in fourth place lmao

Cant wait to see this program on BBC2 on 17th June. Hope MR T gets up into second lol

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Originally posted by nc123@15 June 2003 - 20:56
    What the world thinks of America - The BBC has asked the world to vote for the greatest American ever and the people that got the top votes are now in the top 10 list. BBC GREATEST AMERICAN

So what does the world really think of America. With nearly 50percent of the votes is Homer Simpson ahead of the great Abraham Lincoln who is second and MR T (BA BARACUS) is in fourth place lmao

Cant wait to see this program on BBC2 on 17th June. Hope MR T gets up into second lol
    The least-informed person in this forum would qualify for "oracle" status when compared to your average industrialized earthling.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Mr. T?
    Mr.T?

When the results of this poll are released I'm going to permanently store them in my clipboard.
    The next time someone makes a snide comment about "stupid yank" or "ignorant American" I'll have the perfect response at hand.

Mr.T.....sigh
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    But he's saved us so much money when calling collect.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@15 June 2003 - 21:43
    But he's saved us so much money when calling collect.

My God, I didn't realize that European TV had been inflicted with those ads.

I thought he was being lionized for his acting skills.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by nc123@15 June 2003 - 20:56

It is with regret I note none of our forum members received any votes, alas....

"Once again, ye know them not, as ye soweth wisdom upon asses..."*

*used with permission.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by clocker+15 June 2003 - 22:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 15 June 2003 - 22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@15 June 2003 - 21:43
    But he&#39;s saved us so much money when calling collect.

My God, I didn&#39;t realize that European TV had been inflicted with those ads.

I thought he was being lionized for his acting skills. [/b][/quote]
    No-

They got him cheap, I hear-they coaxed him away from the buffet at "Big Boy", and the rest is history&#33;

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    This is all really no big surprise. Of course most of the world is going to hate us, and rightly so. We are constantly sticking our noses in things that are none of our business. If a country asks for our help, it&#39;s one thing, but to go around acting as if we are the "parents" of this world dealing with unruly teenagers is wrong.

Pushing our false democracy - which is actually a fascist-like gov&#39;t - on other countries is no different than the Christian Crusades or any other religious battles in which one religious group fights the world in hopes of converting all inhabitants to it&#39;s beliefs. What&#39;s the difference? There is none.

The U.S. goal has always been to convert the world to democracy, and hence our way of thinking. We never take into account that maybe this isn&#39;t what these countries want... and maybe we are successful at being greedy and making money, but we truly suck at keeping any real morality.

And as for Muslim countries, most of them are third world countries that the Western world seeks to control. If you are on the receiving end of a bully&#39;s fist, you cower in fear... we are the bully, and I believe their reaction is normal and warranted.

As some of you have already pointed out, also, America talks big sh*t about freedom of speech and all, but it is a false freedom. We are just as brainwashed by the propaganda machine as those Muslim countries are. Our media tells us what we want to hear or what&#39;s interesting... but rarely do you hear anything substantially bad that our country does. If it is bad press for America, we never get to hear about it. And, when it comes to war, we are told only what the gov&#39;t releases to the press, it certainly doesn&#39;t make it true.

To the other Americans out there, if you think the media reports mostly truth or that our gov&#39;t is going to be honest about what it is REALLY up to, then wake up from the dream because you&#39;ve been highly brainwashed by the machine.

My point in general, I don&#39;t blame those countries. I hate it here too... and I know our gov&#39;t is B.S., but it has done such a supreme job of brainwashing us into believing it&#39;s the best gov&#39;t on Earth that not many are willing to question it&#39;s authority. You have to be willing to think outside of the lines, and I don&#39;t think America has enough of an imagination to do that... not at this point.

For an opinion on the lie that is America,

Look here

Find the book if you have the guts to take a real long, hard look at our lovely gov&#39;t... How To Overthrow The Government by Arianna Huffington

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I just voted for Martin Luther, but its gonna take a lot of votes for Homer not to win

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast