Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has modded their Wii?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    It's a simple soldering job according to my mates, you must know someone who can solder shirley?

I have at least three people to call on to do it for me (I can't solder myself like) but I think I'll be calling on my mate who has already chipped his own Wii (that way I can have his in the unlikely circumstance of him fecking it up).

Personally, I wouldn't trust a shop to do it because if it does go wrong and they tell you to fuck off then who do you complain to? Same thing goes for shipping it off somewhere (and that's if you ever see your Wii again . . .).

2. Games   -   #12
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    if you dont know anything about soldering i say dont do it if you never done it before. you can get that solder wire all over the place and short circuit it. on the wii, those joints are really small and close together, so if you dont have a steady hand you can get the stuff all over the place. you can get the chips where you only put the solder onto the holes that they provide, but its a bitch getting the mod chip out if nintendo updates the firmware to render the chip and wii useless

3. Games   -   #13
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    hmm..im definatly gonna do it, cause i dont know anyone who is good at soldering (btw im 16) and if i was in school i could have a tech teacher do it for me but schools out. I think im gonna get a practice board and some wire, and just practice soldering on it...im sure it would be better than soldering for the first time on the wii itself correct?

4. Games   -   #14
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Jihad View Post
    I think im gonna get a practice board and some wire, and just practice soldering on it...im sure it would be better than soldering for the first time on the wii itself correct?
    Yes.

5. Games   -   #15
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    (btw im 16)
    Surely you have a dad, an uncle or a butch auntie who knows how to solder or knows someone who can.

6. Games   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    (btw im 16)
    Surely you have a dad, an uncle or a butch auntie who knows how to solder or knows someone who can.
    my dad could attempt but he hasnt done it before...hell i bought all the equipemnt i need, now its time to practice...

7. Games   -   #17
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Good luck, though I still think you should interrogate your dad to tell you if one of his mate's is a solderer.
    Last edited by Cheese; 06-27-2007 at 10:42 AM.

8. Games   -   #18
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    hmm..im definatly gonna do it, cause i dont know anyone who is good at soldering (btw im 16) and if i was in school i could have a tech teacher do it for me but schools out. I think im gonna get a practice board and some wire, and just practice soldering on it...im sure it would be better than soldering for the first time on the wii itself correct?
    Make sure you have a fag first. I heard that they release tension if you put one in your mouth.

9. Games   -   #19
    ...a fag? lol what do you mean by that specifically? Anyways im gonna practice soldering before i actually do it, hopefully ill get alot better with the practice board i got...

did you mean like cig?

my first attempt for soldering turned out pretty damn good, from what ive seen is good online and what is bad, mine is pretty good...i just put a resistor onto a pc board..im gonna try again later because i have to go out right now, noone told me it was easy...

im really thinking this isnt gonna be that hard after looking at this http://www.ps2-scene.org/m37r01d/Wiikey%20review.html
    Last edited by suprafreak6; 06-27-2007 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Games   -   #20
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    yes he means cig, its a common term in British and Australian culture.
    anyway, just remember to eat before you start soldering because if you haven't eaten you tend to be very shaky.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast