Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has modded their Wii?

suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Im looking for someone who has modded their wii. Im considering buying a wii. I think im going to mod it once i get it. Anyone have their views on playing backups or the installation please let me know.

2. Games   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    One of my friends has a modded wii (Wii key). The only thing that you gotta make sure of is that you buy the right dvds cause the wii is very picky.. I've got fujifilm DVD+R's which i've used to burn games for him on and they work without a hitch. It's more or less trial and error..

3. Games   -   #3
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i modded my wii
    its now 10 inches long with blue and green LEDs running down the sides
    and it makes a cougar noise

4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    i modded my wii
    hey sunshine i meant modded by adding a modchip not adding led's even tho that is cool. nice job

Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    One of my friends has a modded wii (Wii key). The only thing that you gotta make sure of is that you buy the right dvds cause the wii is very picky.. I've got fujifilm DVD+R's which i've used to burn games for him on and they work without a hitch. It's more or less trial and error..
    yeah im lookin at the wiikey, ask him how hard the installation was. and what his level of soldering expertise is. I need to pick up a solder gun and some solder to practice with on something, maybe an old mother board or something...ive never done it
    Last edited by suprafreak6; 06-25-2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Games   -   #5
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    i modded my wii
    I think he was being sarcastic lol.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

6. Games   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Jihad View Post
    yeah im lookin at the wiikey, ask him how hard the installation was. and what his level of soldering expertise is. I need to pick up a solder gun and some solder to practice with on something, maybe an old mother board or something...ive never done it
    He got it done by some guy who runs a videogame store downtown, it was like $60 I think.

7. Games   -   #7
    darn...hmm..soldering cant be THAT hard can it? I need something i can practice on first...

8. Games   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Think about it this way. If a store mods it they are liable if they fuck up.

If it's only $60 I think it's worth the pain taken away from doin' it yerself.

That's only a little bit more than a Wii game so it pays for itself in less than 2 games time.

9. Games   -   #9
    but busyman, i dont got any reliable places to do it around here in chicago. You know? shipping is a bitch nowadays..i was looking on sites some were charging like 90 including shipping back. and that is without the chip, you send chip with...so im thinking it cant be THAT hard...just train with soldering first a lil bit, right? anyone know of anyways i can train? or practice?

10. Games   -   #10
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    soldering is easy, you heat the wires first..apply the solder slowely..cos the the heat will pull it into the wires.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast