View Poll Results: R U With Changing The Ratio Methhod ?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

64 44.76%
  • NO

51 35.66%
  • USE BOTH OF THEM

28 19.58%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R U With Changing The Ratio Methhod?

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTrader View Post
    who cares about rarity?
    we need content and speed.

i could build a website and make it rare..really rare.. and then the content might even be totally crap: but there would be tons of ppl wanting to join..
    you could, no one would want to join it...

if your site has no good uploaders, not a good community etc... then you won't even have a overall rating of 2/10 on pretimes, content, speed. so even if your site is the rarest, you won't even see it on the WIAW because it's complete shit on all the aspects and then no one would bother...

even if UK-T or FTWR aren't the best trackers, they still are well established ones and it seems like their communities are great

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    There has to be room for alternative views, so for wiatw then the old way for trading purposes, and for those looking for content and what tracker is best for content, speed & pre-time then the new method, but the new method is for content only and not for trading values of what a tracker is worth.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Both, one is rarity, one is content ONLY
    No Whining

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    ps2king's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    but the wiaw thread already has content etc ratings in brackets.....
    * Trackers now have ratings from 1 to 10 in the [#] tags.
    * This is based on Content and Speed and Pre-Times.
    plus most sites have a nice review to find out more info

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    SkullForce's Avatar Donga Bonga BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    See, old ppl will select the old way as they have most of high leveled sites but the newbies will select the new was as the they want to get the high leveled sites rapidly that will never happen.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    ps2king's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yep people dont just give out ftn invites for good offers, they need to know they are inviting sum1 who is trustworthy.

if sum1 came along who had been here 1 month with a uk-t acc i wudnt give ftn invite for it cos they could do anything.

its not always about what there worth,trust is a big part too.

plus ive gave a few ftn for free to people i know cos i can trust them

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    First of all the new way is not fstrulz idea. He clearly said that he has copied it from another thread, and what does ''are you with changing the ratio method?'' Ratio as in ranking? Secondly the old way is far more better. The new people to this forum eventually learn the ranking system, so what's the point to make a new one?

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    blackarrow's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    New way is good
    My Ratio
    LM : Torrent.lt : Thro's Land : Oink : Czone : Bitmetv
    My Client utorrent

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    i think that the people with all the rare sites already prefer the old way and the people without the high level sites now prefer the new way. The reason some trackers are so wanted is not because it is good but because it is rare. The new way makes no sense because no one is going to give fsc for tl or anything of that nature. Besides, the old way already has two different values, one for rarity and one for the quality of the site.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    you could, no one would want to join it...

if your site has no good uploaders, not a good community etc... then you won't even have a overall rating of 2/10 on pretimes, content, speed. so even if your site is the rarest, you won't even see it on the WIAW because it's complete shit on all the aspects and then no one would bother...

even if UK-T or FTWR aren't the best trackers, they still are well established ones and it seems like their communities are great
    Well, Revolt and HPJ have almsot no torrents, no speed, no pretimes, aren't on WIAW thread but people would give all they have for them, so i guess you could make an ultra rare site which would we demanded, you just need a good community like those two sites do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast