Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Chris Benoit murdered

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    watching the news report today i skipped half of it to the most interesting part for me, theres a medical expert or doctor and he's interviewed about the dangers of steroids, "Roid Rage" he says over and over again and explains how easy it is to O.D on these types of drugs due to the body builders wanting to pack on more and muscle, I doubt this murder will change peoples attitudes towards steroids in American wrestling and other sports, It was a very sad day indeed for wrestling.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    watching the news report today i skipped half of it to the most interesting part for me, theres a medical expert or doctor and he's interviewed about the dangers of steroids, "Roid Rage" he says over and over again and explains how easy it is to O.D on these types of drugs due to the body builders wanting to pack on more and muscle, I doubt this murder will change peoples attitudes towards steroids in American wrestling and other sports, It was a very sad day indeed for wrestling.
    i watched a cnn report. Saying he killed them, then himslef over a quite long period of time. Not the sgns of rage, but a prolonged episode.

Roids can mash people up i believe. Sadly, this guy was a hero of mine as a kid, as to many. Though, he clearly must have developed a mental illness, which is so sad, as behind that smile, he must have been in allsorts of trouble.

Poor kid and wife and Benoit. Such a terrible situation, but, in my eyes, he will still be the guy i looked up to as a kid.

mental illness is a fucked up thing. And sooo stigmatised. Not excusing what he did, but illness can grab any of us. Dear god, i hope never like this.

To me, he rocked, and my memories of him still do. Hard to understand all of this, but, this kind of illness manifests and taks hold of people, bringing the devil out sometimes. It was Benoit that killed his kid, ife and himself. It was a sickness tht took him over.

Sorry if thats seeming to others as an excuse of what he did. But, mental illness is somethingmost people wouldnt understand until they have to fce it themselves or close people around them.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Steroids are nasty crap.. They are far too accepted these days. People really don't even seem to be ashamed to admit use of them, and I think it is as bad as damn near any other drug, Meth included, in terms of the impact the use of them has on others in the life of the user. Benoit is an extreme example, but there are many others that could be seen as just as harmful..

Edit: Just heard on the news that he was giving his retarded son injections of Human Growth Hormone because he 'wasn't big enough'.. Seems he and his wife were arguing bitterly about how to properly raise the kid and now I see why.. When stuff like this happens, it is easy for people to imagine an individual as evil, but it is our society that ultimately holds the blame for confusing people of both sexes about the importance of looks..
    Last edited by bad_andy; 06-28-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456