Thread: Movie Burning

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    What speed are you burning at?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    are you trying to burn this as an mpeg or vcd ...if you are trying to burn it as a vcd you can fit 800mb on a 700mb disc as a norm its weird but it has something to with the disc index a vcd creates it own it is smaller... wmp. will also play the vcd off the disc drive.. and as Damnatory said keep the speed down i've had disc crash at 4x and burn good at 2x

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    I'll try those now how do i encode my avi to vcd i let nero do it before

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    If ur mpegs only 750 mg ur not overburnin'.When u do overburn and anythings incompatible it just wont burn ..full stop.

Like about adviced tri and burn at about 4x or tri a diff burner.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    ok im burning now at 4x speed well im encodind now and will burn it in a couple of hours.the avi im burning now is only 699meg but the other file was 750meg

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    BANNED
    M8 the source(avi)size if irrelevant,the final mpeg will most prob b about a gig..
    so u will most prob hav to splitt the file to go not 2cds..unless u hav some big cdrs

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by accat13@16 June 2003 - 04:59
    ...you can fit 800mb on a 700mb disc as a norm its weird but it has something to with the disc index...
    Holy Crap. I didn't know that!

But did you know that you can play the MPEGAV.DAT in Windows media player, as a normal mpeg?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    i did.. is an mpeg..just rename the extension to mpeg..and u'll have
    ur mpeg before u burnt it as a vcd.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by accat13@16 June 2003 - 03:59
    you can fit 800mb on a 700mb disc as a norm its weird but it has something to with the disc index a vcd creates it own it is smaller.
    Just some tech info: you can burn 800MB VCD on a 700MB CD-R because you burn in Mode 2 which leaves out the ECC (Error Correction Code). This is ok because the VCD format has it's own correction code. You won't want to burn your data in Mode 2, because it's almost certain it'll be corrupt over time (no error correction).