Thread: When I start Soulseek App. the Slsk window pops up then shuts down!

I have some ideas that could be the problem... here is all the info I can give that at least I think would be helpful.

Since I have myself in my user list, I can see that right before the windows automatically closes, the number of files I share has not yet been registered. I see the number of files shared by the other usersnames in my buddy list, but mine hasn't registered yet. Before slsk started acting up I shared files fine.

I automatically join the Filesharingtalk.com chatroom

I have a bunch of files queued to be downloaded in the transfer list

I noticed in task manager that when slsk starts up it uses my entire processor (99 percent reading actually)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    I have some ideas that could be the problem... here is all the info I can give that at least I think would be helpful.

Since I have myself in my user list, I can see that right before the windows automatically closes, the number of files I share has not yet been registered. I see the number of files shared by the other usersnames in my buddy list, but mine hasn't registered yet. Before slsk started acting up I shared files fine.

I automatically join the Filesharingtalk.com chatroom

I have a bunch of files queued to be downloaded in the transfer list

I noticed in task manager that when slsk starts up it uses my entire processor (99 percent reading actually)
    Just how many files do you have queued?

yo

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Lol about 100

I got it working... strange. I went to workout at the gym, came back and turned it on and it worked
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-27-2007 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Lol about 100

I got it working... strange. I went to workout at the gym, came back and turned it on and it worked
    That may have been the reason it wouldn't load. SS is a fantastic resource for music, but the program itself can be a bit sensitive. I recommend not queueing so many songs at one time in the future.

It's OK to queue a lot of songs, as long as you won't be shutting down the program. Soulseek doesn't like to (and sometimes won't) load at all with that many songs queued.

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Soulseek always works better after a work out at the gym..this is a known fact and is mentioned in The Soulseek Chronicles.

SoulSeek can also take some time to index all your shared files... which is why, the work out, gives one the necessary resilience to continue.