Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Policeman in heroic action?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    [youtube]EH6AYVn2yw4[/youtube]

It would be interesting see for ourselves what occurred in the lead up but watching the bit here it seems that the kids need to learn to how not to interfere with a police officer, EVEN if they think their friend is being hard done by.

If the city ordinance forbids skateboarding on the sidewalk the fact that it's "national skateboard day" doesn't overrule that ordinance.
    I grew up at the tail end of an era where the local policeman would give misbehaving youths a "clip round the ear" then send them on their way
    Today kids think they can get away with anything, these kids found out this is not the case.
    Some may think the officer was a bit heavy handed, I didn't see that, what I saw was a bunch of kids trying to mob the officer, running off when the officer ordered them to halt and using foul language in public.
    Better they learn a lesson now than in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6AY...elated&search=

Thirteen year old kids skateboarding on the pavement(sidewalk) on National Skateboarding Day. One of the skateboarders almost collided with a pedestrian. The attending policeman completely 'loses it'. Every rule regarding minors goes out the window. They are handcuffed, threatened with being 'sprayed'. Left face down on the pavement with their hands cuffed behind their backs.
    The policeman concerned looks and acts like a Nazi. I hope he is fired or has the decency to resign when this gets more publicity.
    I think the officer was doing his job.

I like how the kids were saying stuff like all we were doing was riding a skateboard, riding a piece of wood, there are people robbing and stealing and you are harrassing me.

Last time I checked, if you fuck up and a cop tells you to stop, you are supposed to stop.

It seems to me that if the kids would have stopped when told to stop there wouldn't have been this outrage.

I would understand if the cop beat the shit outta them but he did no such thing.
    The two of you are doing sterling work here.

Carry on.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6AY...elated&search=

Thirteen year old kids skateboarding on the pavement(sidewalk) on National Skateboarding Day. One of the skateboarders almost collided with a pedestrian. The attending policeman completely 'loses it'. Every rule regarding minors goes out the window. They are handcuffed, threatened with being 'sprayed'. Left face down on the pavement with their hands cuffed behind their backs.
    The policeman concerned looks and acts like a Nazi. I hope he is fired or has the decency to resign when this gets more publicity.
    I think the officer was doing his job.

I like how the kids were saying stuff like all we were doing was riding a skateboard, riding a piece of wood, there are people robbing and stealing and you are harrassing me.

Last time I checked, if you fuck up and a cop tells you to stop, you are supposed to stop.

It seems to me that if the kids would have stopped when told to stop there wouldn't have been this outrage.

I would understand if the cop beat the shit outta them but he did no such thing.

Carry on.
    Oh man....we agree and whatnot.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Carry on.
    I kind of hope that's sarcasm, because if it's not I may have to re-access the way I am looking at this

Edit: is there a delay in posts showing up today?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14

Carry on.
    I kind of hope that's sarcasm, because if it's not I may have to re-access the way I am looking at this
    It is not sarcasm.

BTW-

You mis-spelled "re-access".
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15

It is not sarcasm.

BTW-

You mis-spelled "re-access".
    Shit it's like being around an English teacher or the English.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Or our closest approximation of both, which would be Boab.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Damn, and he doesn't bother with misspellinggss.

Init dat sumfin?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18

Init dat sumfin?
    Then why did you say the other.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19

Init dat sumfin?
    Oh I didn't say boab. You did.

It's a forum stereotype, jay. Damn, didn't you say you like brat humour the best?

I understand why now.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20

Oh I didn't say boab. You did.

It's a forum stereotype, jay. Damn, didn't you say you like brat humour the best?

I understand why now.
    I didn't say you said "Boab".

BTW-

You understand nothing - that is why I am here.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast