Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I have to see Fantastic Four to understand Rise of the Silver Surfer?

I think that Rise of the Silver Surfer looks like a pretty decent movie. However, would I have to see the original Fantastic Four first before seeing the new one in order to understand everything?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    mossy123's Avatar {SouLfiRE} BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    mmmmm wll not really but its better if you know the beggining. Why not just leech it, you should be able to get the original fantastic 4 easy.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bnicholson2 View Post
    I think that Rise of the Silver Surfer looks like a pretty decent movie. However, would I have to see the original Fantastic Four first before seeing the new one in order to understand everything?
    Damn I'm surprised you haven't seen the original already. It's over 10 years ffs.

[youtube]r_X5C6e3ZeY[/youtube]

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I wouldn't say there is a lot on there that really depends on previous events to be understood, otoh I was kinda dissapointed with FF compared to some of the other comic franchises recently movie-tized..

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I would say u need to watch the first movie only if u want to know how they got their powers and some stuff about doom but u could watch the sequel without seeing the original. I really did not like the sequel.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    thesixthsensor's Avatar P0st3r
    the only thing that you need to understand is how bad the first fantastic four really was... and then realize going to see the second one in any form is a complete waste of time, life, and money.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by thesixthsensor View Post
    and then realize going to see the second one in any form is a complete waste of time, life, and money.
    u can say that about most seqeuls so far this summer.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    thesixthsensor's Avatar P0st3r
    u can say that about most seqeuls so far this summer.
    true that

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    TheGeneral's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    aww come on thesixthsensor, the first Fantastic four movie wasn't thaaat bad! i liked it =)

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    BoaBa's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ohh .. c'mon. if you have more than 2 neurons, u couldn't possibly like this movie. I don't want to say it's that bad, just that it's a little boring, and for little kids that watch cartoon network. Jessica Alba looks good :-D, and i like the Silver Surfer.

I guess u should see the first part of Fantastic Four..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast