Thread: Help

Poster
    Well this might be quite long but anyways here I go!

A few months ago when I discovered the wonders of Winmx & Kazza I got into downloading movies I start downloading cams at a big rate. I was and still am on a 56k and they took a few hours before they were done but finally they were always I got to watch movies without going to the cinemas. The quality wasn't always perfect but I kept watching them and then encoding them and burning them on disc's and keeping them or sharing with my friends. Weird I don't know why I just typed that but anyways here is the rest of it . . . . one day something happened to my computer which ended in it been reformatted and I reinstalled Windows ME I go back into downloading my movies and everything seemed fine for a while. I think this started happening in the time peroid when I first went tp Windows XP Pro all of a sudden cams weren't playing right at all. I was downloading the correct files the correct cams but their was something different to them they werent playing properley I was wondering what the hell was going I tryed different players and codecs but they all seemed to have the same result the video couldn't play at a constant rate it seemed to freeze every few mins and create a blurry effect across the whole screen. Every movie I downloaded this kept happening I couldn't watch the movies I wanted because it also skipped heavily for example I was at one part of a movie and then all of a sudden without warning I was at a totally different place without having done anything also these were the correct files that seemed to be playing perfectly for everyone else. I tryed going back to WIN ME trying all different methods but again the same results! So I am asking right now what could possibily be the problem has TMD started encoding in different methods were the files encoded in MP43 a while back or is it my video card which is only 8mb? These problems have only been around for a few months but I really really want to fix them because I just can't play these files normally anymore can someone please please help me!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    Remove all the codec's from your HD and download the K-lite Codec pack from www.k-lite.tk

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@16 June 2003 - 10:19
    Remove all the codec's from your HD and download the K-lite Codec pack from www.k-lite.tk
    Umm like I said I have tryed quite a few codec packs uninstalling many codecs and installing others I have tryed K LITE codec pack and it has had the same results! I have actually found the NIMO works a little better than K LITE!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Retired
    open Gspot (included in the K-lite pack) open the file that doesn't work and tell what is says

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    I have used that to check out the codecs and it has said that they are all MP43 codecs I have even downloaded a specific mpeg4fix for that or something like that but still nothing :'( .!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    In my humble opinion it sounds as if the video card isnt up to scratch and you may want to upgrade your ram.xp uses alot more resources what worked for 98/me isnt man enough for xp
    good luck

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Try changing your monitor to colour 16 bit, it might make the color a bit off but it may also make the file play at normal rate (this may only work if the video is 'lagging'- happened to me when I upgraded to XP).

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Hmmm. . I will try the things you guys have suggested and I thank you for suggesing them but like I said I went back to Win ME not that long ago and the same thing was happening.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I am not sure but if all you did was uninstall xp there may be some residue of xp left over it may be worth downloading sequoiaview and see if there are any big chunks of your hdd being used taking up some of memory.Logically if you have reverted back to same os you shouldnt have any probs apart from that i know there are some very clever people in software and hardware world..(obviously not as clever us the people that hang around movieworld )

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    BANNED
    The thing is..theres some many things that could b causin it??

A software conflict?..driver problem?..hardware problem? codec problem? the list goes on... is it the same on old cams?. is it the same for any movie file,dvd

Best to start again uninstall a codecs and players,clean u after registry and folders

Then just install just one standalone divx codec tri the latest version.
    Then install ur best player(i use powerdvd)..if it still done play right its not a codec problem,not directly.

Start again,star uninstallin' other apps or recent apps and test?

And then u got ur windows and drivers to go through...