Thread: What Did I Do Wrong?

I am confused i have just converted a big avi file to mpg the file is now upside down and back to front.I used a prog by arcsoft (packaged with dvd rw)the total conversion took 6 hrs which i was pleased with but it has problems

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    You sure it's not been X-viD encoded?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    It could be ! the file said avi and i must admit i didnt check properties.Why would xvid conversion do this?thanks for quick reply btw

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I have no idea why, but somewhere in your media player settings there should be a "flip video" option, I know there is one in BS Player... I used it and all my X-vid encoded files play properly now.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Thanks for help gurahl but i cant find the option to flip screen .the other problem i think i will have is when i play on standalone dvd i wont have the option to flip screen
    thanks again

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Damn! The forum crashed on me... So i'll have to type it again!
    I can tell you where to find the option on BS Player ( play your movie, right click on picture > properties > Xvid Mpeg 4 video Decoder ) but I can't do anything about the standalone player... Sorry.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    thanks gurahl i am now downloading TMPGEnc and try re encoding with that bang goes another 6 hrs on reencoding ....this plug and play stuff is nice and easy huh plug and play if you are a proggrammer