Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Justify Stealing Copy Righted Property?

Poster
    How do you justify to yourself the use of Kazaa. Every time you download movies, music, software or a book you are probably breaking the law. Not very moral is it.

Excuses I have heard include - "but I did pay to see it at the pictures as well" or "they were ripping people off anyway!" or "it's there so I'm gonna use it" (meaning the ability and apparatus to download for free, if illegally) or "unlikely you will get caught!" etc etc etc .....trust you get the picture.

Is it wrong? Please discuss!
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Lounge   -   #2

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by tite-wad@16 June 2003 - 18:21
    I do it - &#39;cause I can&#33;

What more justification do I need?
    I commend you&#33; You are an honest criminal moron just like me&#33;&#33;&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

4. Lounge   -   #4

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Oh shit&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Strangely... its gone real quiet for this one&#33; Maybe I should stick to clacker whacking and arsehair type topics&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #7
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    I put my hands up and admit it.

Im a criminal.
    Everything i download is illegal, pretty much, all i get is movie&#39;s and music.
    Then again, maybe some of these artists don&#39;t mind.
    Does that make it ok?

Im waiting for the inspector to walk through my door now.....

woe is me officer &#33;&#33;

i admit it but i had no malintent &#33;&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Ex-member
    I only steal from those who won&#39;t notice it. I won&#39;t steal from small bands or in-trouble game studios. I bought Thief 1 and Thief 2 but that didn&#39;t stop pirates putting Looking Glass Studios out of business.

I use freeware whenever I can and if I can&#39;t, then I&#39;ll pirate from the company least deserving of my money in my opinion (generally Microsoft).

In terms of music, I&#39;ll happily download from massive bands like INXS or Evanescence, but I buy CDs from smaller bands like Solas or Deaf Shepherd who need the cash - and I don&#39;t share the mp3s I make from the CDs.

I only pirate if I can honestly say I don&#39;t feel it is immoral to do so.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I justify it because I can&#39;t be afford to buy all the albums I want or afford to go see the latest films at the cinema or buy DVDs. I&#39;m not saying it&#39;s right, it&#39;s just why I do it. I do in a way pay though, it&#39;s the only thing I use my broadband internet for so I&#39;m not getting the stuff absolutely free.

Also, who wants to pay for stuff when they know other&#39;s are getting it for free? I could get on my moral high horse and ignore this and pay for the stuff but I couldn&#39;t afford to even if I wanted to.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

10. Lounge   -   #10
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@16 June 2003 - 18:47
    I do in a way pay though, it&#39;s the only thing I use my broadband internet for so I&#39;m not getting the stuff absolutely free.
    me too&#33;&#33;

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast