Thread: Smashing Pumpkins New Album

Evil_Monkey's Avatar I OWN YO ASS
    The Smashing Pumkins sixth album Zeitgeist is set out to be released July 7th 2007

It seems the newly reconstituted Smashing Pumpkins make up for their lost time by blending the haunted raw energy of Gish with aggressive alternative rock they defined in the late 90's. Gone are the sting sections and synths in favor of multilayered guitar and keyboards. The normally introspective Corgan focuses his rage outward, especially on singles such as "United States" and "Doomsday Clock", displaying a rage that extends beyond melancholy (and the infinite sadness).

Witch means their new album will most likely be heavier and better than ever, can't wait

check out their two new singles "Tarantula" and "Doomsday Clock"

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/home
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgei...Pumpkins_album)
    Last edited by Evil_Monkey; 06-29-2007 at 08:54 AM.

2. Music   -   #2
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Yeah can't wait but its sad that both Iha and Darcy are not in the band! of course it was always Billy anyway but still makes me sad!!!

3. Music   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Tarantula is good but I haven't heard Doomsday Clock yet. I can't wait for this new album.

4. Music   -   #4
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i dont see how this band will be any different from zwan or his solo work, he's just been going downhill lately. right now the pumpkins are just in name only.

5. Music   -   #5
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    i dont see how this band will be any different from zwan or his solo work, he's just been going downhill lately. right now the pumpkins are just in name only.
    so true. he has just brought back a name and that name was tarnished a long time ago. after I heard the pumpkins last album I knew it was over!
    I have heard the whole new album and its really good! so maybe it is a comeback!!

6. Music   -   #6
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I just to lurve this band.

Highly doubt I shall be downloading this album unless some peep on Soulseek wants something off me in trade. Hate spungers, so I steal whatever they are sharing or ban 'em.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

7. Music   -   #7
    CrAcK's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Ouh THX for the information...i was watin foe this album ,too

8. Music   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    just watching a copy of them live at rock am ring this year and i have to say they are pretty bad. tonight tonight is the only song they managed to play right and Billy Corgan really seems a pretentious prick dressed up in a white komodo style thingie. the new female bass player is a bit tasty though.

hope they put on a better show at reading.

9. Music   -   #9
    Pzero's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    The new album is...not good at all. The guitar work is the best part, and it's sporadic across the board, sometimes as good as old work, and sometimes it just is weak. Lyrics mostly kill it, the parts where Corgan really emphasizes his vocals are the parts that have the lamest lyrics...jmo.