Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Torrent Sites....WTF?

i have noticed something in the last few months...torrents sites are losin the plot...

FTN....not what it used to be, by a long, long way

ScT....this will sound strange but....too fast....everyone has 100mbit servers and the like....u dl a dvdr in 20mins it seeds ok for 10 mins more then dies a death coz seeded out

WB....used to be amazin...but its gone very poor

TD....boring beyond belief

FSC....NO leechers....gone very poor too

scc....like a machine, so boring and no community at all

i could go on, but i get so many anouncements about server bills and donating all the time, i would love to know where it all goes, and dont tell me it all goes on servers i aint that stupid.

torrent sites are becoming the mgm,universal,dreamworks of the torrent world, big money machines that do as they like without regard for the point of bittorrent....sharing.

and dont start me on invites, people beggin for Sct,FTN etc...

its all makin me sick....

BitTorrent is not what it used to be........sorry it just is not.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    then go back to the public sites, be my guest, they're still going strong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    BitTorrent is not just about the six trackers which you mentioned. There are a lot of great trackers.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I'm not sure that I agree. Bandwidth is quite expensive for popular torrent sites. Regardless, within reason they can do what they like with the donations. If you're worried about what they'll do with it then don't donate! Most sites don't insist on it anyway.

Furthermore, if you really don't like it then don't use it. Go back to buying everything or using kazaa or something! Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    MaAiFu's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +5
    dont know what every1 is being so harsh, the guy does makes some very good points about the sites he mentioned. can't we have a discussion without ppl bashing everyone opinions? what are we in fucking primary school?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yeh, hes right, a lot of trackers are failing. In my opinion its because there are way too many 0day trackers, therefore very few people are loyal to just one or two. If theres a free leech somewhere everyone is going to go there and forget about the others etc

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Because everyone thinks they can do it better, or becuase they think its fun.
    Been there done that it stopped being fun after a while and just started to be a hassle. And while i can not speak to where the money goes on all the sites, i can tell you that every penny that we ever collected went to running the site. Between the server that ran the site and the server that where put in the ring. And still we where short most months and still paid out of pocket. And all that gets hard to take after a while.

Then you have to deal with the ppl that just bitch.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tindron View Post
    i have noticed something in the last few months...torrents sites are losin the plot...
    Of what plot do you speak?
    Things change. Can you elaborate on why FTN has changed in a bad way?
    ScT....this will sound strange but....too fast....everyone has 100mbit servers and the like....u dl a dvdr in 20mins it seeds ok for 10 mins more then dies a death coz seeded out
    You're right. That is a strange reason to not like ScT. It sounds almost two-faced. One of the main reasons people join private torrent trackers is for the speed.

How?
    i could go on, but i get so many anouncements about server bills and donating all the time, i would love to know where it all goes, and dont tell me it all goes on servers i aint that stupid.
    So you would keep criticizing private torrent trackers if it were not for their (alleged) misuse of donations? If anything, that would be an excuse to criticize them even more!
    torrent sites are becoming the mgm,universal,dreamworks of the torrent world, big money machines that do as they like without regard for the point of bittorrent....sharing.
    Prove that they are "big money machines." This to me is only an unsupported lampoon from a paranoid user. It is entertaining to think that private torrent trackers can relate even on some level to their legal opposites; I will give you that.

its all makin me sick...
    I agree. If you are in one scene tracker, you are in them all. However, people have a "gotta-catch-em-all" mentality that isn't as bad as you portray it. It shouldn't "make you sick."

Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    And while i can not speak to where the money goes on all the sites, i can tell you that every penny that we ever collected went to running the site. Between the server that ran the site and the server that where put in the ring. And still we where short most months and still paid out of pocket. And all that gets hard to take after a while.
    Some people who run servers on games such as F.E.A.R. of Battlefield 2 actually make some money from the donations. I would expect that running a popular private torrent tracker isn't much different.
    Although I still would not compare them to "mgm" or "universal" studios."
    I personally think that some site owners should pocket a few hundred dollars every month if only as thanks for bringing together a solid community in which people shared files with each other.
    Does the OP really mean to tell us that it is wrong for site administrators to get paid for making the site, buying the servers, and overall risking their freedom so that you can enjoy a couple free copyrighted products now and then?
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-29-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    People are being harsh because he's criticising a free service. One that he could choose not to use very easily. It's also very easy to get into a 'good old days' mentality. There are some valid points e.g too many 0 days trackers but occasionally you get a new tracker such as ScN with some exclusive content and good speeds. It's a bit of a game for me anyway, I like building ratios, supporting numerous sites and working towards the elusive ScT account - I don't think there's anything wrong with that really. It might not be for everyone but then people are different, aren't they?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40

TD....boring beyond belief

scc....like a machine, so boring and no community at all

its all makin me sick....

BitTorrent is not what it used to be........sorry it just is not.

i agree wholeheartedly, especially about sct, it's almost impossible to seed back to 1 if you don't have a hardcore seedbox, but you gotta like the speeds right? good thing i was in there for their crazy freeleech month+

as for wild-bytes, i don't know, i like this tracker quite a lot, they have their free leech torrents and almost everything you want is well-seeded

fsc sucks balls, too many seeders (because of very few leechers), but hey, their community rocks right?

same thing with ftn as with fsc

td and scc ARE like machines, haha

but yeah, good points guy, ignore all these dumb fucks for thinking you can't have an opinion
    Alright.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast