Thread: Leeware - Speed problems?

Question Mark

Hey guys!

I just went to leeware.com and downloaded the "Speed test"-file there, but the dl-speed was just horrible (15 kb/s average).
    What speeds do you guys get with your Leeware-box AT THE MOMENT (up & down)?
    I'm asking because I atually considered ordering a box, but if speeds are like this I should rethink about that...

Regards

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    The speeds actually are as bad as everyone says. I rarely hit over 1MB/s and mostly average around 500KB/s

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by necromantic View Post
    The speeds actually are as bad as everyone says. I rarely hit over 1MB/s and mostly average around 500KB/s
    Well, if that is upload, it's still about 10 times faster than my home connection
    I mean, are there really any alternatives in this price range?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yes, vectorial, leaseweb, others I can't remember right now. Search around a bit and you'll find lots of info. The problem lies with the fact that you can't seed fast enough on the high end sites to really buffer anything. The other guys with the fast boxes end up doing all the uploading while you just sit there looking stupid.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    necromantic i dont think vectoral/leaseweb are in the same price range of leeware and thats what he's looking for..

OpenNet check out this topic

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by necromantic View Post
    Yes, vectorial, leaseweb, others I can't remember right now. Search around a bit and you'll find lots of info. The problem lies with the fact that you can't seed fast enough on the high end sites to really buffer anything. The other guys with the fast boxes end up doing all the uploading while you just sit there looking stupid.
    Well, vectoral and leaseweb really aren't that cheap. And besides: Even with my rather slow home connection I got a pretty good ratio/buffer on the trackers I'm active.

The only thing I can think of that maybe would be an alternative is something like dedimove.com. But even with there offer I might have to share the server.

//EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by hungdob View Post
    necromantic i dont think vectoral/leaseweb are in the same price range of leeware and thats what he's looking for..

OpenNet check out this topic
    Thanks, but I can't seem to find a real alternative to leeware when it comes to the price + the fact that leeware offers unmetered bandwidth.
    Last edited by OpenNet; 06-30-2007 at 04:54 PM.