Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1942 Problem

Ok after like a month i finally got disk 1 and 2. Cd1 is ISO (644,862) Cd2 is a.bin (424,220). The Burn went flawlessly. Thinking i finally have the game i pop in disk one and it starts the install...there was much rejoicing. At 21% (archives\sounds.rfa) I get the error: Specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to access a component that does not exist in the named media.

*The rejoicing is replaced with boos and hisses*

WTF Do i have a corrupt disk 1? Many sources had it making me think it was good... Is there anything i can do?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Games   -   #2
    BritishICE's Avatar Poster
    There are a couple of faulty Battlefield 1942 out there. Try downloading the disc images that end in ".img"

3. Games   -   #3
    Yip that sounds corrupt to me you can't fix something like that. re-download

4. Games   -   #4
    After i posted i started downloading the rip, just in case.....

Oh well. I'm allmost outta CDs anyways.

Thanks.

5. Games   -   #5
    Try closeing stuff like antivirus and other programs which u got running in the background apart from main windows program.. i had this problem as well.

6. Games   -   #6
    try edonkey2000 its very slow but gaureente no curupted files

7. Games   -   #7
    spy
    I got the exact same problem and I have been downloading this game for like 3 months and have MANY copies. It simple won't install!!!

8. Games   -   #8
    You should just use Daemon Tools to test your CD images - its only a small download and saves you wondering whether its an image or burn problem

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by spy@17 July 2003 - 19:11
    I got the exact same problem and I have been downloading this game for like 3 months and have MANY copies. It simple won't install!!!
    If you've got a 56k modem, do what i do: Download over night, i get some 700mb files done in 4 days that way.

Oh and for the problem with the iso/bins, instead of using up cds, you should get a virtual drive, saves so much hassle of having to find cd's and wasting them all the time, something like daemon tools.

10. Games   -   #10
    use bittorrent. go to bytemonsoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast