Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer the movie.

i thought it was a bit shite, but the perfect movie if you've just had a lobotomy.
    The directing was appalling, the script was just as bad, the acting piss poor and the role i.e. acting of and script for the government guy was just utterly retarded.

As for the transformers themselves, starscream barely got a look in and hotrod was nowhere to be found and why did megatron not turn into a huge feckoff gun? Instead you had to put up with bumblebee for 144minutes and bumblebee has always been the gheyest of them all.

Should have made it an 18 and made it badass

edit just saw this quote and couldn't agree more
    Films directed by Michael Bay are usually like being shouted at by a halfwit for two and a half hours, and Transformers is no exception.
    Last edited by ilw; 08-07-2007 at 10:36 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Pudge's Avatar Needler Fan BT Rep: +2
    Way to rain on our parade ilw...

I thought this movie was one of the greatest blockbusters of our generation. Sure the acting sucked, some of the finer plot points were strange, but it's based on a cartoon that's based on an action figure, and with those origins it kicked ass.

I shed a tear when Optimus first spoke and I realized it was the same voice that he has had since the '80s. And when Megatron said "You failed me again, Starscream", oh shit that was cool.

Any person who has enjoyed any facet of the Transformers product should go out right now and experience this film. It's amazing.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    i thought it was a bit shite, but the perfect movie if you've just had a lobotomy.
    The directing was appalling, the script was just as bad, the acting piss poor and the role i.e. acting of and script for the government guy was just utterly retarded.

As for the transformers themselves, starscream barely got a look in and hotrod was nowhere to be found and why did megatron not turn into a huge feckoff gun? Instead you had to put up with bumblebee for 144minutes and bumblebee has always been the gheyest of them all.

Should have made it an 18 and made it badass

edit just saw this quote and couldn't agree more
    Films directed by Michael Bay are usually like being shouted at by a halfwit for two and a half hours, and Transformers is no exception.
    Agreed.

Michael Bay is a bit like Uwe Boll, hilarious when you don't care about the source material, but fucking annoying when he's let loose on something you used to like.
    Last edited by Snee; 08-13-2007 at 10:40 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    unattended's Avatar White & Nerdy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I loved Transformers....bumblebee was much cooler than the stupid beetle in the cartoons.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I loved this movie. Also, cool how all American cars were made into this movie (GM cars, specifically). Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are my favorites.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It was pretty good and better than superhero movies as you say. Liked it more than Spiderman

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    it was enjoyable. one of the movies that at least i can say i saw once, and then have no urge to really see it again.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    tacoflavakiss's Avatar Not My Blood!! BT Rep: +4
    This movie didn't do anything for me. I found it trite and predicatble.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    Transformers sucked. All the bad dialog made the hair on my neck stand up. I was laughing my ass off when that soldier told Shia LaBeouf, You're a soldier now son. My favourite part was when Anthony Anderson and the British chick were in the interrogation room and he eats all the donuts to throw them off.
    Last edited by WHiKWiRE; 08-22-2007 at 09:30 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    joglas
    thnx

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast