Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The U.S. government is...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...well, I'll let Newt explain it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15D3ElV1Jzw
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Well fed ex has the advantage of knowing the package details from the get go, illegals cross over without getting their bar code entered into the system......so wonderful comparison there.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I like some of his logic, like the Bank Machine Example. I am not sure as to whether I like where it would all lead to. I suspect he would use logic to get involved in an illogical war, which IMO all wars are.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Well fed ex has the advantage of knowing the package details from the get go, illegals cross over without getting their bar code entered into the system......so wonderful comparison there.
    I think the point was, there really is no system.

He's trying to make people think about, "Why isn't there?"

"Why isn't there" a better system to catch 10-20 million people illegally entering our country? We certainly look for everyone else who commits a crime.

Heck, thewizarde is ready to hang Bush and "Scooter", but let's pretend these 10-20 million people over here didn't break our immigration laws.
    Last edited by Skizo; 07-03-2007 at 08:03 AM.

yo

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    I think the point was, there really is no system.

He's trying to make people think about, "Why isn't there?"

"Why isn't there" a better system to catch 10-20 million people illegally entering our country? We certainly look for everyone else who commits a crime.

Heck, thewizarde is ready to hang Bush and "Scooter", but let's pretend these 10-20 million people over here didn't break our immigration laws.
    Why, Skizo - you've shredded poor vid's quibble to a fare-thee-well.

Well done.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, let's ignore what Bush has done, like, 'cos you've got poor mexicans sneaking in, good point.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You win J2. It only took 6 posts for the topic to get flip-flopped back to senseless Bush blaming.

Check is in the mail.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    What are you, mental?

You brought Bush in, ffs.

EDit:
    And, you know, never mind that what Skizo said about Bush is about as relevant to what vid said as what I said is relevant to what skizo said, J2 (which was the point)...

...I thought it was the job of the people in charge, including Bush, to set up a better system (and one everyone can agree on at that, I suppose), so I wonder who not to blame for this. But then again, I hear they do really crap jobs well, I wonder what people'd do without illegal immigrants over there, sometimes.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-03-2007 at 01:17 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    And, you know, never mind that what Skizo said about Bush is about as relevant to what vid said as what I said is relevant to what skizo said, J2 (which was the point)...
    I think it is my siesta time.
    Last edited by bigboab; 07-03-2007 at 01:32 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    What are you, mental?

You brought Bush in, ffs.

EDit:

...I thought it was the job of the people in charge, including Bush, to set up a better system (and one everyone can agree on at that, I suppose), so I wonder who not to blame for this. But then again, I hear they do really crap jobs well, I wonder what people'd do without illegal immigrants over there, sometimes.
    It is their job, and none of them are doing anything worthwhile about it. By the time the proposals get passed, the are so diluted with efforts to be "P.C.", that they're worthless.

Most of us don't want them all to leave, but we do want them paying taxes like the rest of us. We want them to at least be responsible for their children, health care, and housing like everyone else.

Illegals get housing, schooling, health care, etc. all for free. We taxpayers have to float the tab. They are being rewarded for doing something illegal instead of being punished. Most of them are also quite unappreciative of it to boot. It's frequent now to see demonstrations of large magnitude with illegals filling the streets waving their Mexican flags. If they loved their country so much and were so proud of it that they must march in the streets waving flags all over, GO BACK!

If they wanted my support, they could start by waving an American flag and being thankful that they're allowed to have such protests and receive all the things they have. They could also come here legally. What disturbs me about the enormous demonstrations is that it's tantamount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."

Somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want some thing done about this mess, and mess it is and getting bigger everyday. These people coming across could be from Iran, Syria, Venezuela, or Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are or what they're up to and the way the Congress is going we're not going to.

As for the labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well? If these people were from Haiti would we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them or if they were from one of the previously mentioned countries? I think not.

yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast