Originally posted by stoi@17 June 2003 - 22:31
ok what i do with all the torrents i download, is right click on the link and save the torrent to my hdd, i then open it with torrentspy to see if there are any seeders and if so how many and how many leechers, because if there is onlt 1 seeder and 1000 leechers then your speed isnt going to go very fast.

I also use torrent spy to see what files are in the torrent, as somethime movies only have the name of the film.torrent not what filetyupe it is, so i use torrent spy to see if its an .avi or a .svcd as im only interested in svcd.

If its what i want i then open it with my bt client point it to the folder i want it to go to and select ok, resuming is the same procedure, as its on my hard drive i dont have to go searching sites for the correct link, just open it with the bt client again and point it to the same folder, and it will check eisting file and start to download again

stoi
Where do I get Torrentspy from?

and when you say you open an existing file, do you mean you goto the folder with the file, press shift + right-mouse button and select OPEN WITH and then open with Bittorrentgui?