Thread: OiNK.me.uk is no more[!]

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    According their website, OiNK.me.uk will soon 'cease to function' due to the recent DNS issues. The fix: Welcome to OiNK.cd - Get ready to OiNK that CD.

Here's a bit of the posted announcement from the site:

Because of the recent DNS issues, and the undesirable solution to fix them, we are changing the site's name from OiNK.me.uk to OiNK.cd.

The OiNK.me.uk domain will soon cease to function, and a full changeover will happen shortly. Please update your bookmarks.

Please also re-download any torrents you may have in your clients in order to update the tracker address. Torrents downloaded from now on will contain 2 tracker addresses, the new OiNK.cd domain, and the tracker's IP address, which should make any future DNS issues less serious. They will also contain the site's IP address in the torrent comment field, in case of future problems. If you have applied the hosts file fix, you won't need to re-download the torrents.

Sorry about the inconvenience, but we deem the name change necessary for the continuation of the site[...]

You can also view a report by TorrentFreak: OiNK.me.uk is Dead, Long Live OiNK.cd and thanks to thejosher for the post in the BT Section (maybe next time he could submit it to the News Section)
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 07-03-2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: I'm not perfect.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Yes, we know. Don't scare us like that

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Yes, we know. Don't scare us like that
    Meh, had to have it on the frontpage.

I read the headline of it and freaked for a second...hehehe...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..