Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can you tell the format of your download?

Poster
    As more and more downloads are at least 4.5 GB, my media player plays ISO but not IMG files

how does one tell which type it'll be, before downloading starts?
    (NFO doesn't seem to say)

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Between Daemon tools and VLC player you should be able to play everything.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I always just change the extension to ISO when I dl img files and burn them with nero. I haven't had a problem yet.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I run everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, through DVDRemake and burn the video files rather than mess with iso's (or img's) anyway. Tends to 'clean out' mistakes made by the rippers, and remove a lot of the 'slime' they tend to leave in.

I think the Daemon tools was the first little utility I put on my first 'DVD machine' some 6+ years ago, still going just fine on machine #3, use it even though I have several commercial knock-offs in burning pgms and such.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    I always just change the extension to ISO when I dl img files and burn them with nero. I haven't had a problem yet.
    do you change the extension by using 'rename' - didn't realise it would be that simple - doh!

previously was burning them, but wanted to save time by just dragging and dropping to my media player and watch directly from there

thanks

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Quote Originally Posted by BigH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    do you change the extension by using 'rename' - didn't realise it would be that simple - doh!

previously was burning them, but wanted to save time by just dragging and dropping to my media player and watch directly from there

thanks
    I would avoid just renaming them as it can cause corruption. Instead use MagicISO. It can convert almost any image format to any other image format in no time (few seconds to few minutes).

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rippinitup4fun View Post

thanks
    I would avoid just renaming them as it can cause corruption. Instead use MagicISO. It can convert almost any image format to any other image format in no time (few seconds to few minutes).
    thanks a lot - works a treat

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I don't really see the point in converting. While I do use Nero for some burning, ImgBurn is a great program for burning all types of dvd images. You should check it out!
    http://imgburn.com/

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sp0ngeb0b View Post
    I don't really see the point in converting. While I do use Nero for some burning, ImgBurn is a great program for burning all types of dvd images. You should check it out!
    but I don't want to burn

I only want to watch them on my mediaplayer, which doesn't recognise IMG, but does play ISO

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sp0ngeb0b View Post
    but I don't want to burn

I only want to watch them on my mediaplayer, which doesn't recognise IMG, but does play ISO
    download daemon tools. mount the img file and you can watch it just like as if you put a dvd in your computer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast