Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Note 2006-2007

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    finally finished this 37 episode animation. VERY good show. i stopped watching it @ episode 20 and then watched the movie. the movie basically ends @ episode 25 and then the anime fills in until 37. it kinda drug a little in that time, but the ending was good. for those who enjoyed this anime u must see the live action of it. film is EXACT with the anime. mind u it does stop @ episode 25, but that's all for the best. for those who haven't seen this yet here is the plot:

Light Yagami (Or Raito) is an ace student with great aspects who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the Death Note a notebook held by a shinigami (Death God). with the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create a perfect world. A world without crime or criminals. However when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorites send the legendary detective L to track down the killer.
    Yagami Light is an ace student with great prospects, who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the "Death Note": a notebook from the realm of the Death Gods, with the power to kill people in any way he desires. With the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create his perfect world, without crime or criminals. However, when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorites send the legendary detective L to track down the killer, and a battle of wits, deception and logic ensues...

plot taken from the ANN

ENJOY!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I saw it all, but still did't see the movie. It was fantastic for me. It is like fighting wit you brain instead of your hand. It is such a different kind from all others I saw

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    hema999's Avatar I-I*£*IvI*Д BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I heard that it's a perfect anime

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    It's very different from most other action anime. It is a battle of intellectuals more so than a battle of martial arts.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Rin's Avatar Si vis pacem, P.B.
    yea this is a great anime ive only seen up to ep 20 since i decided to stop watching ongoing cause waiting weekly sucked, and now that its ended I havnt got around to downloading the rest.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    Ya, Death note is a great anime, very intense
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    DN is one the the greatest animes of all time. Watched the series in nearly one sitting. This anime is a must watch for everyone, not limited to fans of anime.

I found the live action movies to be a tad boring. They faithfully follow the series and thats the problem. The anime is much more stylized. And I feel that L as a character can't be portrayed well in live action. Only got halfway through DN-The Last Name (second of the two live action movies).

I highly recommend this anime to anyone.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    disko.balls's Avatar Poster
    DN is one of my favorites EVER the could have ended it after

Spoiler: Show

things went a little slowly after that.
    DIsko this Disko that Disko this DIsko that

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Sounds good, I'll have to check it out. Anyone have any other animes that they would compare Death Note to?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    k_ichigo's Avatar like.no.other BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i cried when my fav character died!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast